Author Topic: 10,000  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:05:41 PM »
A long time ago I got into saltwater fishing after having been into freshwater fly fishing since I was a teenager. I got hooked. I bought a boat...It turned into a catastrophe which ultimately ended in the boat being completely replaced. So in the meantime I got into surf fishing and I started making lures on the side after getting frustrated of snapping off 15 lures a day because I didn't know what I was doing. Other guys liked the lures alot. When I got the boat back I remember the words I said to Denise to this day... "I'm going to keep making lures and maybe I can put $50 a month of gas into the boat". That was more than 13 years ago... Alot has come and gone in that time. Salty's became my full time job as it grew and grew. Ultimately the economy and people's spending habits have caused many changes in this business which will continue to evolve.

Today I sit back and marvel (and chuckle at those original comments) as we approach a milestone that I could never have imagined back then.. Our 10,000th web order!
Salty's has grown from a small business in our basement to the largest wood lure kit manufacturer in the world.  I still don't see a Lear jet parked out in front of the shop and I know I'm never going to get rich doing this, but it's something that has been a labor of love for many years and something that has brought alot of fun to myself and other people with some pretty cool products that can't be found anywhere else, all while keeping a roof over our head during some pretty tough times.

Today we ship our products to every corner of the globe. From Alaska, to Raratonga, New Zealand, England, Saudi Arabia to Thailand, Canada, Turkey, Oman, Hawaii, South Africa and many many more! Made in the USA is very much alive and in demand.

Both Denise & myself would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a healthy and prosperous holiday season. Thanks for your support and join us in celebrating a pretty cool milestone!

Happy Holidays!

10K WOOHOO  ;D

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

Re: 10,000
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 10:33:03 PM »
Congrats!....  All the Best to you and yours Scott.... :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 03:41:20 AM »
Congrats Scott onward to 20,000

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 06:19:34 AM »
Tnx guys!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• THERE ARE NO ORDINARY MOMENTS
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 10:38:58 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS - PHENOMENAL JOB AND ACCOMPLISHMENT - KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE.
ALL THE BEST
BOB
"THERE ARE NO ORDINARY MOMENTS"

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 10:40:46 PM »
" I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God."

Does this sound like anyone we know?

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »
Salty's Shopping Cart Order Receipt #010000

WOOHOOO LOL

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 05:10:22 PM »
Kinda like watching your odometer roll over LOL