Author Topic: Wiring a fishing lure tail wrap  (Read 21539 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Wiring a fishing lure tail wrap
« on: November 10, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
I get alot of people asking how to do this. Here's the link. Watch it 10 times if you have to in order to learn. Easiest way to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHNk-vc753M#

Edit 2018 someone told me the video wasnt showing embedded below so I posted a link to it on you toob

Wiring a fishing lure tail wrap by Salty's Wood Lures

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Wiring a fishing lure tail wrap
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 02:41:51 PM »
That video is 3 years old. There's some things that could be described better. If you have a question feel free to post it here for all to learn from.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 08:29:21 AM »
That's how I learned. Even bought the pliers!!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 10:51:50 AM »
They make the best! I have not ever found better. They are expensive but well worth it.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 12:27:03 AM »
What's the Model Number for the Round Nose Pliers from Nipped? Went to Crawford's online, but there were so many to choose from. Thanks!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 05:27:13 AM »
I believe it's 22-160 If memory serves me. I don't have writing on my handles anymore they are long worn off. You should be able to find it with the search feature here.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 09:21:22 AM »
I'll try to remember to take a look at mine later. At work today, sadly!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 06:51:45 PM »
NOW stocking the Knipex round nose pliers.

http://www.saltwaterplugs.com/knipex%20pliers.htm

Topwater2

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 07:56:50 PM »
Hi,
I am having trouble after wiring and making the eye on the back end of the plug with keeping it from spinning. Any suggestions to keep both front and back eye in place?

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 09:55:45 PM »
I must be losing it. I answered this and it disappeared.

Make sure you pull tight on the tag end, then be sure to leave a 1/4-5/16 cut end so you can crimp the wire in tight to the main shaft. This will pre stress the wire as mentioned in the video. It takes practice.