Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 215287 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2013, 08:19:11 PM »
lol salt   hey went out the warm other day prolly 40*....and 1 hive was out and about flying  just a couple of bees
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #226 on: December 31, 2013, 05:17:36 PM »
I believe it we've seen mosquitos and some black caddis up here.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #227 on: January 02, 2014, 04:45:52 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  Just placed my order and can't wait for my supplies to come.  Then I'm sure I'll have some questions.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2014, 12:13:02 PM »
Welcome Jim! I think I met you at the Xmas party? N1CX
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2015, 08:42:55 PM »
Hi all.
My name is Will and I am a 15 year old living in California. I basically just try to fish wherever I am, but I mostly stick to SoCal and occasionally Florida. Looking forward to making some Plugs and using them for Stripers in Maine this summer! Thanks for the awesome lures/information, Salty!!!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2015, 09:14:26 PM »
Hi Will welcome from sunny California! All the way to Maine LOL you will like it there!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2015, 01:16:34 AM »
Salt!   Salt is the mineral.  Wow was that difficult.  Now that I registered I will have to go back to first grade, I put every mineral that Google offered in there and then I realized I was trying to hard.  New to lure making but mess with duck calls and other carpentry related  projects.   Looking to start with plugs and go from there.  Seems like lots of good people on here and great info.
Fish on.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2015, 07:14:20 PM »
LOL welcome Chuck. Yep it's meant to keep the spammers out and it works well!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2016, 08:10:50 PM »
My name is Mike I have been surfcasting for about 24 years and still learning new stuff... I fish the North Shore of LongIsland and have a lot of success fishing inshore in the back bays. I like building rods and I am starting to build lures.
I also like plugging, bombin and teasin. good to be on board

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2016, 07:04:21 AM »
Welcome Bstriper

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #235 on: April 28, 2017, 09:33:45 PM »
Hello, my name is Barry and this is all new to me.I live on Plum Island which is a barrier island off the coast of Newburyport Ma. About 4 years ago I after a 40-year hiatus, I came back to surf fishing.I'm a surf guy, and also a plug guy so I guess I'm at the right place.I have just ordered and received my first order from Salty,4 Dandies, and 1 Popper. Never used an airbrush but I know the theory of how so I may be back asking for help on that subject. I do have one question though. Does anyone use Polyurethane as a finishing agent, and if so do you brush it or airbrush. Please give me your feedback. 

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #236 on: April 29, 2017, 06:12:43 AM »
As a topcoat it would probably not be durable enough. As a sealer it may work. Hi Barry!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #237 on: July 05, 2017, 02:40:44 PM »
Hi All

My name is Qasim, I'm from London UK.

Been shore fishing around UK and Norway for a few years now and hoping to hit south Oman early next year which means a new style of fishing for me. Got interested in putting together my own lures after seeing how much some of the quality ones actually cost!!

Joined this forum hoping to pick up pointers on what kind of lures to buy from Salty's and also what kind of designs to apply to them once purchased.

Tight lines

Q

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #238 on: July 05, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
good day mate  :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #239 on: July 05, 2017, 03:31:43 PM »
Hi Qasim I sent several emails to you with no response.