Author Topic: Awesome John from Turkey  (Read 9614 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Awesome John from Turkey
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:11:14 PM »
Dood has some mad paint skills. Guitar too! Google awesome john on youtube  bananalama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fgAdOuBzs&feature=player_embedded#!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Awesome John from Turkey
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 08:35:31 AM »
Asim passed away on 6/24 of a heart attack. I'm crushed to hear this. Asim was a good friend. He and I conversed back and forth alot. He was a world of knowledge. He was one of the best guitar players I've ever seen. Asim RIP you will be missed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As%C4%B1m_Can_G%C3%BCnd%C3%BCz
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 02:25:30 PM »
I am sorry for your loss. 

After watching the video, I think it is a loss for everybody who knew him, and maybe an even bigger loss for those of us who never had the privilege.  He is so happy and enthusiastic that it's contagious!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 05:08:17 PM »
Asim lived in an apartment and didn't have the facilities to turn wood lures so he was very attracted to my kits. We would go back and forth about lots of stuff. The guy just was a sweetheart..

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 08:58:17 PM »
Received a very nice return email from Asim's sister Allie today. Wicked nice people.