Author Topic: RISAA FISHING SHOW MARCH 28-30 2014  (Read 8735 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
RISAA FISHING SHOW MARCH 28-30 2014
« on: February 24, 2014, 04:31:06 PM »
Many have enjoyed out booth photography over the years.
I promise not to disappoint this year  :dance:

Lots of new stuff for this year!

Will have a nice early bird special each day too!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: RISAA FISHING SHOW MARCH 28-30 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:56:43 PM »
Chocolate Stripers are mating again  :bhappy:
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:38:33 PM »
1 OZ LITTLE BUGGERENO KITS AND MAYBE SOME FINISHED COLORS TOO!

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:22:54 PM »
Looks ALOT like a 1 oz through wired DAHTAH....

I made a plug a few years ago out of a popper just with the belly drilled upside down. Unweighted, wow did it have nice action. I can easily see why the bassorenos have been a favorite for 100 years. Looked exactly like this without the curve.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 08:08:10 PM »
KITS  :bhappy:

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 08:07:19 PM »
Big Buggereno coming along!  :bhappy:

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 12:17:34 PM »
BIG BUGGERENO all done!  :bhappy:  Pictured here with 4/0 VMC trebles and a dressed 6/0 siwash.
This is 3 oz version of the original 'reno style lures, and stainless THROUGH wired for heavy duty fishing whether it's for muskies or for saltwater gamefish!
Through the awesome capabilities of cnc machines and computers this has been scaled up in size from the original 3 3/4" lures to a honkin 7" length,
and we added recessed 3d molded holographic eyes!
Never before done as a kit to my knowledge. Another Salty's exclusive!

BTW count the growth rings on the face of that lure below. I got at least 67 years out of that.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 12:24:54 PM »
 bananalama

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 12:29:36 PM »

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 02:06:12 PM »
LITTLE BUGGERENOS AT THE SHOW.... black pearl, yellow/red head, white/red head, herring, pink squid, blue white.

:bhappy:

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 09:53:41 PM »
DAY ONE GONE!

Whew long day today! Saw lots of people. Sorry it was very busy NUTS at times and only got to say hi in passing to some. Thanks for stopping by! It's great to catch up with everyone after the long winter!

I am humbled by the amount of people who came there specifically to see us!

Chocolate stripers are 1/2 gone. Whew that's alot of chocolate!

Did several demonstrations in the booth today of assembling lures and tail wraps etc. Glad to see people learning!

Disappointed to see a large amount of people who were "overserved" there tonite. I saw a few guys who were holding each other up. Sincerely hope these people were not driving.

FORGOT the "WANTED" poster today. I WILL have this tomorrow  ;D

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 09:04:58 PM »
DAY TWO DOWN!

Wanted poster was seen by many! I have several leads to work on, and lots of people interested in free lures :)

Buggereno's are a hit for sure. Almost sold out already!

Tomorrow last day and IT'S FAMILY DAY!

Wife and kids get in free! Take a ride down and checkout the show. It's huge!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 07:19:40 PM »
Today had as many people there as both Friday and Saturday combined. It was a zooooooooo. You could not walk in most aisles for 3-4 hours there were so many people it was like an ant stampede LOL!

It's officially a WRAP! Thanks to all that came out and supported us. ALWAYS glad to see people and put names to faces!!

GREAT to have a few minutes to see old friends and catchup with them, Capt Jamie Boyle came out from MV (HA Jamie it was nice to see you on land for a change LOL), Capt Dave Peros, Capt Vin Mccarthy, Capt Terry Nugent, Ron from Maine, Paul x3, Eddie (stripercrazy), Steve, John (Lonely Angler), St Croix Jay, Chris G,  many many more I can't even list them all...soooooo many people I have the pleasure to know. You guys are all first class!

Many came in the booth with some GREAT fish pictures! Wow when I get some time will have to post some of these up!

###################BECAUSE OF BEING SICK WITH BRONCHITIS LAST WEEK I'M GOING TO BE CATCHING UP ON ORDERS ALL THIS WEEK#################

Tnx for being patient!

Will be finishing up a few custom turning projects in the coming weeks then we'll have another freshwater introduction to be made....NEW miniature 1/2 oz FRESHWATER casting eggs just right for putting woollybuggers and leach flies on.....  :bhappy:

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 03:06:19 PM »
Disappointed to see a large amount of people who were "overserved" there tonite. I saw a few guys who were holding each other up. Sincerely hope these people were not driving.

Nah, they didn't drive cars...they came by boat.  :o

I would say, take a deep breath and relax, but taking a deep breath with bronchitis just means you will be coughing for the next five minutes. ???

Anyhow, I need to get going on my Buggereno kit...in the off chance it Spring decides to show.  It was 61 degrees at 10:30, so I walked home for lunch, and darn near froze to death walking back, as the temperature dropped to 40 degrees by half past noon, with a gentle breeze out of the Northwest at 25 mph.

Was their any Buggereno survivors from the show?

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 04:03:29 PM »
Well of interest is that I passed along some comments to the show people and I wasn't the only one to notice this. Many others complained and I can pretty much tell you on record there will be no more booze there next year. Having a few beers is one thing but alot of these guys were down into the hard stuff and it really doesn't belong there. I know a bunch of comments have been sent to the convention center people already.  Would hate to see this reflect negatively on what has become the largest show in the entire Northeast, and a club with many dedicated members who put this on.

There are survivors I didn't bring all I had but sold all but one of the 3oz I had there. Spring? ya sure it's sleeting here all day and 33 degrees. Car accidents everywhere and 2 trucks just rolled over noth of here.