Author Topic: SOMERSET SHOW  (Read 9432 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: SOMERSET SHOW
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 09:58:29 PM »
Is this considered wildflower Honey?
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 12:09:34 PM »
thanks scott and a real pleasure to meet you as well......a real pleasure...........yea ill be down sunday to stop by and chat   than i have to get back to tend to the hives.......i have to flip/flop the brood boxes.......and do some maint to the hives and throw on the honey supers for this years honey flow...........see ya sunday!!!!!
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 12:17:27 PM »
yea scott thats  wild flower......right now the bees are on the maples trees that are flowering   and soon they will be hitting the willows.....than blk locust.......i checked the hives yesterday and the bees are bringing in pollen.....so that means there's an  egg laying queen    all my hive survied the winter and are all heavey   which is a good thing cause they stored enough food for them to winter over.......so all i have to do is some spring maint on the hives

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 08:54:08 PM »
most excellent! I gave jimmy 1/2 a bottle today :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 09:10:20 PM »
yea thats funny ill be seeing tomarrow.....hope things went well for you at the show today.......and you enjoyed your free dinner on jimmy :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 09:29:04 PM »
Ah we kinda splitted it. The beers was cold and the burgers were messy. It's going to be carnage getting out of there tomorrow. Ugh.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »
jimmy's good people. Always glad to laugh with him. Got a new shop coming now too.

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 09:38:06 PM »
thanks for the honey bruce!

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 09:39:30 PM »
hopefully I can get back tomorrow! my wifes been sleeping since I got home so as of now I'm clueless whats going on tomorrow.
I'll help ya load yer stuff up ya cripple ya

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 06:26:12 AM »
no worries jimmy.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 02:23:24 PM »
enjoy jimmy............ :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 04:19:53 PM »
great meeting up with you again scott real pleasure...........say jimmy i guess you werent kidding when you said your gona twist saltys arm to take him to dinner...........he could barely shake my hand this morning...... :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 04:35:59 PM »
Handy do you know that a year later I'm still having problems with my arm. Holy crap man.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »
Going to miss you guys this year.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 10:44:38 PM »
youll be missed to salty..........it was a pleasure meeting you last year.........dosnt mean i cant send some honey your way though.......i thought i lost my hives this winter because of all the warm weather.......but i check them out last week so far they are doing well and on the warm days they are flying but the hives are very lite which is not good.........feb/march are critical months......i got some feed on them now......a mixture of honey and sugar....with very little water....and in the beginning of march ill feed them pollen pattys.....to give them a boost.............oh yea your arm.....i remember the pain you were in at the show.........well its prolly gona be your soft spot from now on.........i myself have to baby my left shoulder