Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 219003 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »
Hey Joe! I'm in Berks Co. Fish South Jersey. Great bunch of guys here. Keep an eye on Handy. (tends to show off)  He's GoooooD! :D
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »
We all gotta be nuts fishing alone, in the dark, nasty weather , but that is who we are! Thanks for the welcome!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #167 on: December 25, 2012, 01:16:18 AM »
Hello, my name is Mike and I am an addict........to surf fishing and surf fishing related stuff.

I watched something on '60 minutes' today, about an autistic kid that could not communicate until he was given an IPad with a special app, and then after getting the IPad everything just poured out of him. I kinda feel the same way.

I have been monitoring the site for a few weeks, just checking it out without commitment.

1) Scott, what you have built here is absolutely amazing, as are your lures and plug kits; I have purchased a few of each. I am looking forward to purchasing more!!!

2) The advice and help I have seen given here has been great, and I thank everyone before me for their contribution. I have already used the advice of many people and look forward from gaining more knowledge from everyone else. Hopefully one day I can pass on that knowledge myself.

3) The inspiration on this site to expand and do more is scary!!!! I might soon have a woodworking shop in my apartment.....until the landlord kicks me out.

About me:

I have been fishing satly waters for about 25 years. I live in Queens, NY now but have lived in RI, NJ, and PA. While I have enjoyed fishing the Mecca of surf fishing (Montauk) my heart is truely in fishing Southern RI.  I was drawn to this site because of the natural progression for fishing plugs to building plugs. For now my efforts are concentrated on rehabbing damaged lures, because a) I'm cheap, and b) my living situation doesn't allow for a work shop. This is where the Plug Kits are soooo awesome. They are opening up a door that I didn't know was there until recently.

Thank you,

Mike

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #168 on: December 25, 2012, 01:40:26 AM »
My first few refinishing projects; 3 Gibbs poppers and a tattoo spook; salty's sliders are in progress - I just got done sealing them.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #169 on: December 25, 2012, 07:39:54 AM »
Merry Xmas Mike and welcome to the site! Glad you like the stuff!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #170 on: December 25, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »
looking good breezy.......enjoy your stay.....and welcome
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »
Welcome Breezy! Nice colors... Scotts kits are # 1. 
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
Welcome breezy

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2013, 03:59:49 PM »
My name is Michael Jones.  I hunt, fish, reload, cast bullets, plant trees for wildlife habitat, can my own hot peppers, while rearing three sons with my wife of 21+ years here in Nebraska.  I don't seem to have the time to tie flies, canoe, camp, hike, metal detect, or hobby machining, which are all things I would love to do more.

I have been a tool & die guy, CNC machinist, electronics service technician, and now work in the IT department for a public utility company.

I stumbled across this website looking for lure bodies.  Actually, I would rather buy lures than make them, since I have WAY more interests in life than time.  (My biggest pet peeve is anyone whining "But there's nothing to do here!")

I have noticed that a lot of the older lures are being withdrawn from the manufacturers' product line.  The Bass Oreno, the Sputterfuss, etc.  I put in an order today for some finished lures and kits (kits are for my brother's birthday) before I even perused the whole website.

Thanks to Salty for the great products, a fine forum, and...uhmm...maybe some more freshwater designs for us trapped inland.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2013, 04:21:20 PM »
hey welcome bowfin...........injoy your stay

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »
Hi Michael welcome to the site! Enjoy the lures!

I've looked at alot of freshwater stuff. Been working on a 3d project for close to 6 years now.

Tool & Die right up my alley :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »
Hey, I'm Dan, and I just like fishing. Was given one of your kits, and now I'm planning on blowing all my birthday money on your site, great stuff! You have some great stuff to learn on here, so time to become a sponge! Thanks again!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »
LOL welcome to the madness Dan

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2013, 08:55:41 PM »
hey dan welcome............enjoy your stay

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2013, 11:41:32 PM »
Hi  >:(