Author Topic: My good friend Butch RIP  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
My good friend Butch RIP
« on: June 03, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »
"The mayor of Hopedale" I called him. Butch brought me lunch many many days for the last 10-11 years from the local sub shop. I will miss him immensely. When I found out today words can't express what I felt.

Butch shared a interest in fishing. Whether it was down at the local pond, out on a boat or at the beach. One of the nicest guys you could ever know. I'm honored to have known him for as long as I did.

He came into the shop Tuesday after Memorial Day. He couldn't wait to tell me he had a great time that weekend fishing stripers on the west end of the canal. He was like a little kid eating a free candy bar.

I was very concerned abt him of late. He had developed a nasty cough from smoking. Had been into the VA hospital a bunch lately but didn't say why.

So long buddy I will miss you and joking around like we did every day.
 ??? :'(
http://www.bumafuneralhome.com/obituaries.html?NC=obituary&OBMODE=single&REC=1275

jbw252

Re: My good friend Butch RIP
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 06:57:46 PM »
My condolences Scott.  The passing of a buddy is never easy.  Please remember the good times.

risurffishing

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 12:01:14 AM »
Scott sorry to here about your friend.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:36:23 AM »
Thanks you guys. I'm crushed is the only thing I can say. Great guy to know. John you would have had some laughs with him and he'd have put you in your place LOL
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

risurffishing

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 03:04:56 PM »
Scott, sounds like he was an nice guy to talk too and just be around. Like JBW said remember the good times. My condolences to his family.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 07:37:19 PM »
Always a smile. Never ever in a bad mood. Nice to meet what he had left for family tonight. Some real nice people.

This pic is how I can best remember him.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 07:44:22 PM »
Like I said always a smile...

He talked about me to every one of his relatives. I only found that out tonite. They all knew who I was.

Anyone know what year that Impala is? 66? 67? He had a 55 Chevy too his cousin told me. Never knew that.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 09:24:05 PM »
I hope the memories of the good times stay and the sorrow quickly leaves. 

Hang in there, you seem to be going through a rough patch with the insurance, the hand, and what not...but your lures sure are purty things... ;D

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »
The service for Butch was perfect in the way Butch would have liked it. From the priest reading one liners to open, to his cousin Ron telling about his life in only the way someone real close to him could (and full of laughs too), to the family and friends that celebrated his life that he lived the way he wanted...he touched many people's lives in nothing but a positive way and that was evident to all.  I know he was looking down today and laughing along with us! Full military honors.

Butch was soaking bait and throwing lures back in the days of some of the greats on Nauset beach. The world has lost another good fisherman. Keep smiling bud.