Author Topic: Feedback that speaks for itself  (Read 32823 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Feedback that speaks for itself
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2016, 04:44:20 PM »
Subject: pics of stripers caught with 1.5 oz surfster yesterday - from California
Hey Scott, how are you? I emailed you some time ago and you mentioned you don't get many pics from the west coast. I went out yesterday and one of your 1.5 oz Surfster lures I built from a kit got the attention of the stripers. I kept one and took a photo I wanted to send to you. Striper fishing off the beaches here in California can be challenging compared to a few decades ago but I found myself in a good situation yesterday with baitfish flying out of the water in front of me - maybe 50 feet in front of my waders, first thing in the morning! The stripers wasted no time in outright attacking the Surfster - the first fish kept thrashing on the surface after it hit the lure, it was quite a sight to see! It is early in the season so these are mostly schoolies but still fun.

I am attaching pics and please feel free to use these or quotes from this email on your site.  I also attached a photo of a few of my completed lures. I have no artistic ability at all - and I painted these all with rattle cans from Home Depot, so if I can do it, anyone can. I have an air brush but as a business owner, I don't have all the time I wish I had to spend time with an air brush doing detail work on lures so. After sealing them, I sprayed them with the Rustoleum Painter's Touch primer, then Painter's Touch spray paint and finally coated them with Devcon 2500 lb clear epoxy. They hold up great and I cannot wait to order more kits in the future!

I am going to try to get out fishing more this year and will do my best to send you more photos.  I usually fish by myself and release most of my fish no matter what I am fishing for but I'll try to send you more pics as I get out fishing. 

I love your lures, keep up the good work!

XXXXX XXXXX
San Jose, California
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2016, 07:36:28 PM »
I purchased some of your lures last year, painted them up and gave them to one of our deckhands. 
I thought you might enjoy a picture of one of two 200lb tuna he caught with it.  Not giants by the east coast standard, but really good to the west coasters! 
I just ordered more, thanks for the great products!

:bhappy: :bhappy:
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2016, 08:43:56 PM »
"I’ve caught so many, that’s I’ve stopped counting.  I bought a 10.5 foot rod, so I needed to step up to the heavier popper.
White is the color this year Scott.  "

Caught on a 3oz Fathead popper Cape Cod Canal 06/2016

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2016, 08:22:10 PM »
"Comment/Special Instructions/Feedback: You make a great product"

Thank You!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2017, 06:56:01 AM »
"Comment/Special Instructions/Feedback: Cant get enough of your lures. Now that I found striper (up to 30lbs!) right here in the Arkansas river I cant think of a better, stronger more quality lure to use.
* Where did you hear about us?: Surfing the net years ago."

bananalama

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2017, 09:14:49 PM »
"Comment/Special Instructions/Feedback: YOU GUYS ROCK !"
" Where did you hear about us?: previous customer"

Thank you...Thank you very much...in my best Elvis impersonation ;)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2017, 08:21:26 PM »
"Comment/Special Instructions/Feedback: Thanks guys you have a great quality product! Caught my biggest striper of
the year on the cowboy sr!! Have a great holiday"

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2018, 08:41:45 PM »

Received via email recently:

"Several years ago I came up with this idea on my own while catfishing off of my grandparents dock in N. Carolina. My grandfather had a woodworking area in his basement and we made a few to get much longer distances on our casts with spectacular results, we finally could reach the sandbar where we had previously been taking a rowboat to reach with our baits on a light duty conventional rod setup. Another tip from a friend resulted in us getting some 7 foot surf spinning rods and 40 sized reels to match.
 Unfortunately our casting eggs only lasted for a fish or two.
 I was given your 1oz egg this year, twelve years after our initial attempts at making our own, and I am very proud to report that I managed to land a 76lb flathead with it. It lasted several more fish but was lost when a large gar decided that my current catch was its dinner.
 The loss aside, I am a fan of the egg, and will surely purchase at least a dozen more for next years fishing season!"

:bhappy: :bhappy: :bhappy:

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2018, 08:43:54 PM »
Like the energizer bunny....back from the dead LOL