Author Topic: FAQ Website / Order Questions  (Read 9157 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
FAQ Website / Order Questions
« on: January 02, 2016, 02:27:09 PM »

Question:Do you offer free shipping when a client spends a certain amount?

Answer:

We don't.  At one time we did but stopped for few reasons.

1. Cost prohibitive. Rates for shipping keep rising and we just couldn't afford to do this anymore. People continually tell me that we have expensive shipping (@ $8.99 for first 4 lbs and all flat rate)
2. People would wait until we offered free shipping and wouldn't order any other times. Like Pavlov's Dog...you can google that one :)
3. This is not a high profit business. Free shipping comes out of somewhere. Nothing in this world is free...You can either have inexpensive lures and parts and pay for shipping at what it costs, or you can have expensive lures & parts but have free shipping.
Either way this is how I put food on the table for my family...a business has to make money...not give it away...no Lear jet in my driveway trust me :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: FAQ Website / Order Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 06:43:03 AM »
Question: 

Hi, if I ordered 16'ft of 5/4 AYC would it come in 4 4' pieces? Thank you, Vince

Answer:

Several years ago we stopped advertising longer lengths on the site. Oversize charges, having to move heavy boxes from one place to another etc. It just was a really big hassle. Other lure builders were buying large quantities of the stuff which is not what we bring the stuff in for. It's brought in for our use and the website is just ancillary. We decided that continuing to offer it in short easily shippable lengths was a better way to allow home based builders the chance to use this hard to source wood while not having to move 50 lb boxes each day.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 06:57:32 AM »
Question:

Can I come to your shop and pickup an order?

Answer:

Unfortunately no. We made the decision to close the shop to pickups as the business grew. Since it's just Denise and I, we decided that it was more important to put our time towards manufacturing product for the website. Since we don't have a set opening schedule the last thing I would want is someone coming to our factory and no-one there.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 07:07:03 AM »
Question:

How come I can't find a telephone number to call you?

Answer: Two reasons. One is people were not courteous and called after hours. Since our dealer number rings to my cellphone it's not fun to be woken up at 1am because some guy wants to know whether the little piece goes in the front of the lure or the back. It continually happened.  Also since I run large noisy machines it's difficult to answer telephone calls. When we advertised our telephone number it attracted literally sales for $1.99 and this is not something we can do. Machines can't sit idle to have a 20 minute discussion for a $1.99 hook. They have to be running to make product.

We answer every email as promptly as possible when submitted off the website. Occasionally we may call you when processing an order due to the security issues of emailing credit card numbers. Other than this we don't conduct any consumer business by telephone.