Author Topic: Pliers special and upcoming new kit debut at RISAA  (Read 10539 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Pliers special and upcoming new kit debut at RISAA
« on: February 13, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »
I have been looking for a source to have some round nose pliers made economically and ran across these.
The price is sure right for a small set of round nose pliers.  These are perfect for our .035 and .051 wires we have on the plug building page.

$4.99 ea or FREE with any order over $100 Ltd time.

Am still sourcing a affordable set of pliers for saltwater size but they're coming!

Be sure to visit us at the RISAA show, and while your there pickup our newest kit done Salty style for 2014!

The Buggereno  :bhappy: It's Salty's retake of a classic 3 3/4" freshwater lure along with a 7" cousin  :wink:
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Pliers special and upcoming new kit debut at RISAA
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:19:43 PM »
BUGGERENO!!!

If this is what I think it might be, then this surely will help make up for a long, depressing, never ending, never ending, never ending winter...that never ends!!!

bananalama :dance:

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 02:27:55 PM »
Can't argue with this! More snow tomorrow! Maybe these will make it worthwhile :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 05:36:33 PM »
Was THIS what you were thinking of?  :wink:

BIG BUGGERENO....

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 05:58:06 PM »
YES!!!

There was one custom lure maker that made a rendition of this plug style, and he discontinued production last year.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
Well to the best of my knowledge nobody ever made a kit of this.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 12:20:20 PM »
No, never seen a kit before.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »
I will be glad to get my hands on these in either kit form or finished lures!

When I was a Scout, one of the leaders had a white Bass Oreno that he used for pike fishing in our camp in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  I guess I have been enamored with that lure ever since.

I'll check back every half hour 5 minutes for updates... :P

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »
Finished lures? hmmm LOL they wouldn't last long.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »
Little Buggereno bodies all turned n started drilling today  :bhappy:

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 05:59:21 PM »
 :o :o :o :o

Riches beyond my wildest dreams!

Anyhow, I'm waiting for a chance to help you convert some of those bodies into cold, hard cash, and then we will both be (slightly) richer and a whole lot happier.

Thanks for making my week. ;)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 06:28:18 PM »
How many you think fits in a recycle bucket LOL

I think these will be a popular kit.

Maybe we'll even see a Woodpecker this year.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 05:17:12 PM »
Well there's now enough bodies finished for the Little Buggereno to bring to RISAA........They look cool and it's not an easy lure to make! It LOOKS easy but man once you start dealing with 305, 0, 180, and 355 degree angles is what makes it difficult to work on. I can now see why in later versions of the bass oreno lures they changed to cup hooks and small grommets. I'm betting it was for faster jigging in production and 2 less screws to install. The only key on the bottom of the lure is .062 holes for the hook hangers. It's hard to locate a really small pin like that under the lure to get it in the jig to drill it.

Nice high line tie....this will dig like a bastid. I am sending a sample of hook off the original 1940's lure I have here to VMC and will have them match the shank length as close as they can so will have hooks in stock shortly.

I GIVE YOU LITTLE BUGGERENO  :bhappy:

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 05:22:12 PM »
Am thinking about doing a 2 hooker too. Same body size, move the front hook back slightly, delete the bottom rear treble..

Bassoreno's were made in a few different sizes I think the small one was the babe o reno or something like that. That body size is cool too but I like the size of this little guy here. Should finish out to around 7/8 of an oz weight. I saw somewhere they even made a single hook model for fly fishing...like a teeny J plug!

I bet I could make a thru wired version for saltwater.... stay tuned  ;D

woodminnows

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 08:40:36 AM »
Go to ebay and search Oreno lure this will bring up a nice variety of length, hook placement and color varieations of oreno lures.