Author Topic: Want to say "Thanks"  (Read 24960 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Want to say "Thanks"
« on: March 12, 2018, 04:32:33 PM »
for being a source of supplies to feed the new hobby. Kinda weird building saltwater lures in Oklahoma - but having lived and worked on the water from Cape Cod to Antigua back in the day it's not that weird after all.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Want to say "Thanks"
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 06:23:51 PM »
Glad you like the stuff! I wish I was in Antigua right now as we have another blizzard bearing down on us!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 06:24:56 PM »
Wow just saw your lures! Looks great!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 08:41:40 PM »

Thank you! Still have a loooong way to go - good addiction to have :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 10:11:06 PM »
Glad you like the stuff! I wish I was in Antigua right now as we have another blizzard bearing down on us!

Yes I see you guys are getting slammed. Again. Grew up in Syracuse NY and don't miss that kind of weather.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 10:26:57 PM »

So far the majority have "tank tested" fine at the park pond. I'm more interested in how they perform in the saltwater pond.
I'm sending a couple to friends in Gloucester & NH. Looking forward to throwing a couple myself out in the Habah this summer.

I'll be snagging a bunch of lead next order. I'm running out of slingshot ammo :)

My Internet Forum Mojo is super rusty - I'm unable to post pics directly - I move them onto a Word doc and save it as a PDF   

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 10:52:37 PM »
Yes getting hammered starting somewhere around midnite. We're forecast for 15" here. I'm ready for spring. Yard is a huge mess. I'll be burning for a month at this rate.

Looks great on the lure. That is a great way to do a semi hand carve too! I cheat and do mine on cnc but I make alot of them. That machine takes so long you load it and go do something else til it shuts off.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 11:12:46 PM »
Yes getting hammered starting somewhere around midnite. We're forecast for 15" here. I'm ready for spring. Yard is a huge mess. I'll be burning for a month at this rate.

Looks great on the lure. That is a great way to do a semi hand carve too! I cheat and do mine on cnc but I make alot of them. That machine takes so long you load it and go do something else til it shuts off.

yeah No Bueno on the incoming weather - 2200 hrs here so it's 2300 hrs there :/ Hook in and hold on brotha. 

I'm a full-time knife maker so I've got some basic equipment to help out - a guy has to have a hobby right?

Ahhh yes a CNC.......if only.........

Not blowing smoke sir - good supply list, great website and better vibe. I'll figure out the "purchase with PayPal" thing eventually. Stay safe 

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 08:11:15 AM »
 bananalama

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 12:38:16 PM »
The follow-up :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 12:54:12 PM »
Sorry for the sideways vid

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 06:15:49 PM »
Looks great! Not much activity here...lots of window lickers LOL

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 09:12:58 PM »
All good sir 👍🏻