Author Topic: Paint and Epoxy ?  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Paint and Epoxy ?
« on: November 06, 2010, 02:59:36 PM »
I know that these have been stated before:) but what paint and epoxy do you guys use?  Would testor paint work?  Where can I buy the zinsser sealcoat?  And what primer do you use?  Thanks

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Paint and Epoxy ?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 03:15:19 PM »
Testors paint will work fine. Zinnser is available at home depot. Minwax is also a good choice for home use-2 dips of sanding sealer thinned slightly then prime with bin. Make sure to let it dry good in between.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 03:17:09 PM »
Not to be stupid Salty but wha is bin?  When you say dips is that put in then put out or let soak for 5-10 min?  Thanks

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:25:47 PM »
bin primer... Dip how ever long you feel is enough. Some guys go hours. Some go 10 microseconds. It's up to each person.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 11:53:23 AM »
HI GUYS
FIRST IN THE FORUM BUT I'M PLEASED TO JOIN.WHEN IT COMES TO PAINT I USE THE TESTOR LACQUER PAINT THINNED IT WORKS WITH ANY AIRBRUSH  AND NICE COLORS YOU CAN HAVE THEM ON TESTOR WEBSITE BECAUSE THEY HARD TO FIND .FOR THE PRIMER I USE ROSTHLEUM ENAMEL WHITE. IF YOU HAVE BETTER IDEA PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WOULD LOVE TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 02:56:38 PM »
majid22......welcome. :)
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »
i was wondering if iuse the minwax sand sealer do i have to sand after it dries and what kind of epoxy do i have to use for the finishing

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 06:32:24 PM »
well...if any of the grain should rise you can sand a little as long as theres good penatration you should be fine  you can scuff the plug for good primer adheasion.....but i dont.....just make sure all your steps in the sealer/primeing/painting are dry realy well.....  two part epoxy......i use flexcoat highbuild epoxy  ill install the finished plug on a rod dryer coat the plug with the 2 part....and let the plug spin slowly till dry......mix the flex coat must be measured in presice amounts by using a syringe and mixed well until clear it can be found where rod building supplies are sold
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent