Author Topic: 30,000 seals  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
30,000 seals
« on: June 18, 2011, 07:59:49 AM »
 Shooting gray seals used to be a way of life. From 1888 to 1908 and from 1919 through 1962 Massachusetts paid a bounty of $1 to $5 per seal nose. Things turned around once the protection act was passed and the population of gray and harbor seals has been climbing.
 “Monomoy (in Chatham) is phenomenal. I did a fly-over last year with a friend and took images – the band of seals was from the tip almost half-way up Monomoy, and like 15-seals wide. Someone told me there were 30,000 seals out there and 10,000 occupy the beaches,” Leach said.

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
Re: 30,000 seals
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 01:33:13 PM »
yea salty me and bruce campo saw our share of the seals.....in chatum................plus we picked up a local paper and thats were we read about the shooting..................plus we went to a local tackleshop.......and bruce campo made the mistake of mentioning SEAL............the dude at the tackleshop......started to go off on the seals called them RATS......ah..........they dont bother me even if they scare the fish away........its only nature.......leave the for the GREAT WHITES...........i was thinkin about getting a wet suit.....and swim out to the channel...........but on second thought ill pass
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 01:49:37 PM »
yeah..they are rats..sea rats.. if you love them please come get them..
think plover closures fucked up the ORV beaches.. 50 plus tons a day of seal shit around this sandbar.... we will be seeing more signs like this one around here...
yep temperature hits 90 the other day... and no swimmin... that will draw the tourists..
no swimmin.. OK.. fill them parking lots at 10-15 bucks a car.. oh BTW no swimmin... yeah tourist won't mind... never mind that.. who will eat local seafood that come out of bacteria laden waters.. yes.. i'd love some fried clams that live in shit.... NOT
kinda past the point of caring... I see guys say stuff on the boards that "guys who complain about seals can't fish..but Oh.. BTW I ain';t fished the cape since 2004..but if I did I'd be into them hard.."
//fucking elitist snob bullshit
well come on down..the beahces are all yours..and if you want to get amped about a few 20 pound fish.. have a fuckin party... it ain't gonna be what you remember from 2004..thats for sure..
you can get around mung..you can get away from mung..you can fish the edges.. it sucks and it is work.. Seals..will fucking follow you.. they will look and listen for you...
FUCK.. seals.. the mention of it still gets me on a rant... back to nurse duty....

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 04:07:40 PM »
spongebath?
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 04:50:02 PM »
no spongebath. he can shower, but it is a process... i am more drill sargeant than wetnurse, the rehab workout and the machine I strap him into twice a day, are killer.