Author Topic: Wire bending  (Read 14322 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Wire bending
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 04:49:02 PM »
pliers:

http://www.crawfordtool.com/knipex_alligator.html

Knipex 88 01 180
Alligator Pliers 7"

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 04:49:54 PM »
Those are all the tools I use. I have used them for 8 years. ONE failure of a pair of round nose pliers but had put together upwards of 80-100,000 lures with them.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 07:00:23 PM »
Can yue Pahk my cahr james :D

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 07:05:58 PM »
Wicked Pisaah Video Scott..

(translation for the Joisey Boy... Nice Job Scott)

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 07:11:40 PM »
Wicked Pisaah Video Scott..

(translation for the Joisey Boy... Nice Job Scott)

LOL

seaviewer

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 06:44:50 AM »
thanks for all the info. I shopped around for Knipex and came full circle to Crawford Tools. They have have all three tools and their pricing is in-line with others. So being the impatient bastard that I am I couldn't wait for the shipment so I took the $3.00 pair of needle nose pliers out of my surf bag and headed for the bench grinder. They actually work pretty good but not the high quality I'm looking for. I'm a finish carpenter by trade and have an appreciation for fine tools. The majority of my power tools are German made. Their engineering is superior to ours.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »
Salty, great video. I have been going the long way around. I'm going to try holding the lure in my hand and doing the Salty thing.
Thanks for the tip!

seaviewer

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 06:47:46 PM »
Today I rec'd my Knipex order from Crawford Tool. The round nose pliers and the alligators. I'm waiting for the mini bolt cutters, got those on eBay (1/2 price). Twisted up about 8 or 9 plugs and they really do make a difference. Thanks again for the tip and the video.........

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 06:49:59 PM »
My pleasure guys.

njfish

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 03:40:25 AM »
Knipex are real quality tools.  I own several set of their pliers but not the round nose-Yet anyways.

The pair I use right now and I find work very well is made by Beadalon, I was worried as these are made for jewelry.  Well I was surprised at the quality and function.  I got the comfort grips(and regular but comfort grip is much better) from Michaels Arts and crafts.  They sell for $20 but with my 50% coupon I ended up paying a lttle under $10.  Michaels has an other pair that might sell for a bit more with black handles and they look better but are not.  The Beadalon are the best they or AC moore has.   Trick on getting coupon is to buy a very small item, for around a couple bucks.  W/ receipt you will about 90% of the time get a coupon for the following week for 40% or 50% off.
 This is also a great way to buy an airbrush, they usually have them priced about 10 to 20% more than online places but with coupon you end up saving.  Call around as some of them also have Iwata airbrushes in stock, but be careful and know your prices as I have seen a couple of Iwatas way overpriced.    They still make money as these two companies have a large markup margin.  Thing is you can't use coupon for on sale items or combine coupons  sorry for getting off topic there

awesomejohn

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 03:56:02 PM »

Scott thanks for putting up the video and the links.. much appreciated.

Greenford

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 09:45:11 PM »
Thanks for the video. Didn't see it on my first attempt at this now you make it look so easy! Only thing is you need to throw a "yall" or two in for us south of the Mason/Dixon line...... ;D

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 04:48:16 AM »
hehe ok y'ahl (that's ya'll spelled mass accent)

just yesterday there was a guy setting up across from me from NC and man did thayat geye speak with a drawl it was funny to listen to him ;D

risurffishing

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 01:53:49 PM »
Scott thanks for sharing this video. This is one of the areas that I have had trouble. Look forward to see you at RISAA in March and picking up more supplies.

Thanks again

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 12:45:05 PM »
will you have the pre-bent lure wire for sale at the RI show? I can't get nice loops on the end and have already destroyed the wires that came with the kits. I will be getting those round nose pliers soon, thanks for the video, I just need to practice more.
ED