Author Topic: 1 year ago today  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
1 year ago today
« on: March 11, 2012, 06:38:06 AM »
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the Japanese Tsunami and subsequent nuclear melt-downs that these people are still dealing with today.

Nasty nasty disaster that they're going to pay for a long time for.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
Re: 1 year ago today
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:40:39 AM »
yea salt i was just reading that on MSN.............well said jeremy
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 05:11:38 PM »
If the fallout from the H-Bomb tests in the 1950's didn't wipe us out, I don't think a few stray isotopes from Japan are gonna kill anybody here. I'm more concerned about the two reactors that are 15 miles from us. Not to mention the ones on the submarines in Groton. They're well designed, but no design takes into account the collection of drunks and Homer Simpson clones that work on them. If this area had to evacuate, there isn't one person in 100,000 who'd have the slightest idea what to do. They've got loudspeakers all over the place here, but when they test them, you can't understand a single word. It would be sheer chaos.
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 09:14:33 PM »
Actually not to defend anyone but just fyi the Japanese Govt had a complete media blackout on this for many months.

They are just in the last months allowing reporters access in the areas. Some have snuck in or carried cameras somewhere so theres been bits and pieces but the media wasnt at fault it was the govt doing this. I don't agree with this but I could see this so as not to un-necessarily scare people. Those guys had/have a difficult job to do. One reactor is still not stable. If they get hit again this is going to be nasty.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 09:16:52 PM »
There are a bunch of this exact type of reactor in the US of O'bamA, designed by GE....who should be sued to oblivion for designing a nuke plant with containment pools located above ground. Stupidly negligent. Disgusting that the govt allowed this.

Az Z holes