Author Topic: 2oz darter  (Read 4940 times)

Offline Out Fishing

2oz darter
« on: June 29, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »
 Theses here darters ive only really started to use the black one got and after a few casts i could feel it bouncing of the bottom , I gave it a sug to get it to dive then used a slow retrieve as i was`nt sure on the depth of water in front of me and how deep the  2oz darter will go ,

well what ive found is the bottom lip has got slightly knocked up is this normal or do you normally form the darters over sandy beach , brilliant action it looked that good i could of eaten it my self  ;D,

will i have to reshape the nose/lip or just leave it as is

Sharkie

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: 2oz darter
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:44:09 PM »
that's always been a drawback on darters Mark. Yea if you got rocky bottom then it's going to get beaten. That's hardwood too.

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »
ok ty

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 10:14:16 AM »
hey shark post a pic of where you were fishing that darter.....ya know  the place where you customized your 11' CTS S8........and made a 9'6" CTS S8.....its a good popping stick now........ya gota post a pic
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA Ok lets hear this one :) OUCH
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 10:57:02 AM »
No honest im having a cts s8 custom built so instead of being 11'6" there reducing the lenght to 9`6" and casting rate from 3/4oz - 2.5oz  or there abouts

But here a picture of my stealth

the walk on this is half way to this point

or the get sown is via arse nipping climb   ;D

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 11:01:56 AM »
WOW it looks just like the Elizabeth islands here. How fast does the water drop off Mark

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 04:43:27 PM »
ah say salt...lets refraze that question.........mark how long dose it take you to hit bottom when you drop off.........and you wounder why your darter  has a busted lip........good looking bass water tho.....that cliff could ground down a good pair of korkers......................nice pics mark

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 05:06:28 PM »
hey sharkie be careful Jeb Corliss Table Mountain Crash

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 02:53:21 PM »
Handy you get down pretty quick if ya jump off but further along theres a looong rope then a loooong ladder then more looong rope, not for the faint hearted

i been down that way once NEVER again lol, next time im that way ill get some pic`s of the ladder/rope