Author Topic: fish boards  (Read 6890 times)

Offline Out Fishing

fish boards
« on: February 26, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »
Hey fellas, just wanted to share what I have been up to other than starting to make plug, a tradition in my family is when you caught a nice or trophy fish you trace the outline of the fish and write on it caught by who where, when and on what. and then nail it on the rafters up to camp.a few years ago I decided to take this to the next level I started wood burning the fish and details, it has turned into something pretty great, word got around people started calling me to make them fish boards rather than the exorbitant cost of taxidermy. here are a few in various stages of completion sorry for not having more pic of completed ones as the there either hanging up in peoples homes offices and camps. after talking with Scott I thought it would be a good idea to share some pics and maybe get some feedback also for you guys that have fish in the freezer waiting to go to the taxidermist and you like the looks of my work feel free to contact me I can make you a replica of your fish about half the cost.thanks

Offline Out Fishing

Re: fish boards
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 01:37:50 AM »
Here is one more,its a chub, caught by a 6 hr old girl on a fly rod.  ;D

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
Just finished burning the ocean smelt  :D

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 02:38:37 PM »
That's beautiful Rich! Very very nice! You have a talent there. Rich has my blessing to advertise and sell these here. Figured some of you guys would like for him to make one for you. That is an art.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 02:39:07 PM »
Post bigger pictures

1000x750 if you can?
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 03:34:01 PM »
nice work choker....nice idea to ........looks excellant
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 03:57:37 PM »
Thank guys :D I will try and figure out how to post bigger pics. also better ones as I get them finished.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 06:12:40 PM »
Yea Rich, Nice! I like Em...
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 07:32:22 PM »
Thanks, Tom is it? :D

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 01:46:37 PM »
Three more to do ;D the smallest brookie is 12 1/2" caught by a 7 yr old boy.his first fish ice fishing.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »
Yup... Tom it is! Nice to meet Ya Rich.
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 07:27:40 PM »
Likewise Tom,and thanks agian :D

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 09:28:12 PM »
Very cool

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »
Hey thanks  :D

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 09:19:34 AM »
Hey fellas, want to share this, I gotta call a couple days ago from a guy who wants a fish board of a bluegill he caught jigging while ice fishing. he wants his board in color so I did a colored pencil sketch of his fish to show him. I made the sketch form a picture he took on the ice, the actual fish board I will would burn first and then airbrush it so it should be a little cleaner looking and then a clear coat of poly should make it pop, I will post a pic of the board when it's done but for now I wanted to share the sketch:).... as always would love some feedback as this will be the first bluegill I've done