Author Topic: Good example of why you buy USA made lures  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Good example of why you buy USA made lures
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:30:48 AM »
I actually look at where my fishing tackle is made.  I won't say that I buy only American but they are first choice if the price is within 50%.

I definitely don't buy Chinese.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 11:36:23 AM »
I applaud you!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 03:03:31 PM »
I do the same with hand tools.  I once went on a tear looking for USA made screwdrivers, having forgot about picking up some Craftsman screwdrivers at Sears.  It took me a while and several stores before I found some American made ones at a K-Mart that were good enough quality to risk putting blade into slot.

Anyone else remember when Sam Walton was still alive and Wal-Mart showcased their "Made in America" offerings?  What happened there?

Now, I won't say I will buy only American.  When Mepps were made in France or Rapalas were made in Finland, I didn't begrudge an international company competing quality against quality, rather than flooding the market with cheap or shoddy products.