Author Topic: FLESH EATING BACTERIA  (Read 7239 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

Re: FLESH EATING BACTERIA
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »
not making light of it.. but no matter when or where I hear of F.E.B. .. I always think of that old Notaro thread on SB.. we had that poor kid pissing his pants scared..and convinced! LOL.. he thought all his appendages were gonna fall off...

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 07:47:27 PM »
That was funny I remember that.

Alas the internet isn't like that anymore. Most of those guys are doucheclowns.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:38:13 PM »
well i had a friend fishing the rocks and slipped scraped his leg.......got one hell of an infection from some bacteria
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 12:59:42 PM »
Yeah, this stuff is no joke. I took a header last week and landed in a foot of the slimiest mud you'll ever see - unfortunately. I hit an oyster rock on the way down, and sliced my leg all up. Scared the living hell out of me - my first thought was those freaking bacteria. The water's at least 85 degrees over there, and the mud's pure clay - like walking on grease. Not supposed to fish until it heals completely, but it looks like I dodged a lot of bullets. (knock on wood) Think I'll stick to the canoe over there from now on. The worst part of it was, I'd just caught a red and two stripers, and I had to leave while the fish were still popping.
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »
ooooooooooooooooooy that's gotta hurt oh man be careful in your advanced years that will take alot to heal

I think I'd get tested for herpes asap  :P

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »
Peter years ago there was this deaf kid who came on the striper board, it was WICKED funny. He asked a question and someone told him it was flesh eating bacteria. He believed us and thought he was gonna die on the spot. There was like 20 people all screwing with him at once and it was one of the funniest threads on the internet

:)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 01:53:03 PM »
ooooooooooooooooooy that's gotta hurt oh man be careful in your advanced years that will take alot to heal

Nah, it ain't the years - I've always been like this. When I was 35 or so, I literally tripped over my feet and went over a seawall head first - I landed on the rocks, lucky I didn't snap my neck. The only reason I haven't fallen off the jetty during the albacore run is that I know damned well those bastards would let me drown just to grab my spot, so I've learned to be extra careful. Nasty bunch up there when the fish are around. This time I was wearing deck shoes with slick soles and I slipped. Lesson learned. This mud down here is unlike any I've ever seen. Pure clay and bottomless. What a time I had getting out. Had to drive home covered with an inch of slime with blood oozing through. The neighborhood  kids are already spreading the word that they saw Swamp Thing driving a Toyota van up Bayview Avenue. Gotta use a lot of caution here - damn oysters are everywhere and they're razor-sharp. Fishing's great, but there are a lot of hazards we Yankees aren't used to.

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 01:57:25 PM »
Peter years ago there was this deaf kid who came on the striper board, it was WICKED funny. He asked a question and someone told him it was flesh eating bacteria. He believed us and thought he was gonna die on the spot. There was like 20 people all screwing with him at once and it was one of the funniest threads on the internet

:)

Hey Salty - what was the deaf kid's name? I used to work with a deaf kid in a RI tackle shop. Nice guy with a great sense of humor, but there wasn't much point in calling the shop when he was on duty.

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »
notaro

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 09:18:16 PM »
OUCH!!!!!! dmab peterjay when ya mentioned ya cut your leg .....i didnt think that it was that bad........but that looks like some bad ju-ju............did ya get it checked out .......like i said before....me and this guy was fishing near the rocks i was in the pocket and he desides to climb the jetty...not a good thing.....he falls scrapes his leg.....and within a few days he's doing time at the ER..........

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 09:35:52 PM »
Jesus bub!!!! Looks like you got caught in a meat grind :-X

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 10:50:47 AM »
Handy, I just hosed myself down real good and slobbered on the antibiotic ointment. So far, so good. The only cut that's slow to heal is a big one that had the skin sliced off, and I'm being really careful with it. Went out in the canoe yesterday, but I had it bandaged up tight and I wore long pants. Even wore rubber knee-highs to launch. Didn't catch a thing - should've stayed home and tied flies.

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 08:40:55 PM »
yo peter speaking of tying flies........you should post some of those merkins you use to tye up........like the one herringchoker posted on the other thread.................di ya see the size of that merkin

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 09:04:14 PM »
haha here we go with the merkins