Author Topic: Need to vent......  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Need to vent......
« on: July 23, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »
&$#%€#¥£%^!!!!!!!!  Ok, now that I got that out of the way.  This freakin airbrush is ticking me off.  I get the damn thing to spray a smaller line.  I messed up and knocked over the 3 tips, screw on pieces and needles...so now I'm in no mans land knowing which one goes for what.  It's like cracking a safe combo.  And now the damn thing is spitting and or not spraying at all.  Just wanted to relax while the strep throat riddled children were sleeping and paint a few plugs.  But noooooooooo.  Aight, I'm done, lmao.  Looking forward to Sunday, private fluke charter.  We did really well last time out, hoping for repeat success.  Thank god for Gulp Alives or fluke would never eat, lol.

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Need to vent......
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 03:49:36 PM »
I can't get it to spray a smaller line.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 04:56:53 PM »
The smaller the needle the thinner the paint needs to be. Do not thin createx with water, use liquitex or a mixture of windex, water and I think a drop of dish soap. Google this it's a trick with airbrushes.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 04:58:14 PM »
I believe you can look at the tips and judge the size, especially if you have a loupe I think they may be stamped somewhere.

You want to be very careful you don't drop your airbrush or the needles. If they hit anything it will easily bend the end and they won't work anymore.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 06:16:50 PM »
The paint set came with illustration base, looks like that thins it out pretty well.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 06:58:04 PM »
It all depends on the needle/nozzle size .35 will give a finer line the trick is practice practice and more practice it can be done.When an airbrush works they work well, when they act up they will drive you crazy they need to be cleaned all the time after every color I run windex and water mixture through it to clear the previous color.Not all airbrushes are created equal I love my Iwata you get what you pay for.When it is warm out the paint dries very quickly especially white you can buy a retarder that will make it dry slower but then you wait longer for the paint to dry.90% of the time the nozzle is clogged when issues arise(always have extra needles and nozzles for a quick change out while the other soaks to break up the dried paint.Another issue is the needle isn't seated properly or the chuck is not tightened letting the needle move freely a drop of super lube on the needle from an airbrush supply helps everything move easier.   

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 07:27:53 PM »
Hi Rich good post. Hope all is well!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 05:19:26 AM »
Thanks Scott haven't been doing much, between my back and my Mother in law has dementia keeps us pretty busy I'm trying to get back to the mancave and get some plugs done although I'm still not fishing it keeps me sane.Hope all is well.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 06:07:43 AM »
Yep we're plugging along :)