Author Topic: Tip for Maine stripers  (Read 10286 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
Re: Tip for Maine stripers
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
sweet pic  of the bass herringchoker.........
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 04:53:10 AM »
JIMMY USED TO CATCH FISH LIKE THAT TOO  :sofa:
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 12:27:15 PM »
He is right on point for sure! The fish are getting hit on all sides, not even talking about the overfishing for them
But the bait here hasn't come back, I am on the water almost everyday, a last year didn't see not one school of
Pogies, this year two small schools of fish, and I mean small, before the Russian factory ships came, and ever net boat
On the friggin east cost, there were Hundreds of thousands of fish that we would see, hell the blues used to drive
Them in coves and the pogies would run out of Oxygen and we would fill dumpsters with them for lobster bait, not
Any more, I read a report about the Gulf of Maine pogies Stocks, the report stated that they were not over fished,
I say bull!  I guess what i am saying with all the pressure stripe bass are under already,and then out fish a food
Source, It's not good that's for sure! 

Rich, I hate to even get started on this topic, but IMO, about the only positive step that's been taken on the striper scene in the past 40 years was the moratorium. If the geniuses running the show had used their heads when it was lifted, we'd still have the fishing we had 15 years ago, but instead, they went right back to business as usual, and we're looking at the result. Trouble is, there's no longer a John Chafee in the Senate to write another Striped Bass Recovery Act, and even if there were, it wouldn't pass anyway. Now, we've got the added problem of a severely depleted forage supply. (I haven't seen a big bunker school in years) Unless something changes drastically, I don't see another comeback in the cards this time around. The sad truth is that the people who care about the fishery don't have the power to save it, and the ones who do have the power don't give a shit. (now you know why I keep getting banned from this site)

"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »
Peter, couldn't have said it better!!! This stuff makes my blood boil, Scott wouldn't ban ya' He's a good egg

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 12:38:11 PM »
Lol Scott your going to give jimmy a complex   :P

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 12:38:41 PM »
Thanks handy!! ;D

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 12:39:18 PM »
Jimmy is dying to ban someone who can he ban :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 12:49:46 PM »
Lol oh his is the forum police?

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 12:50:52 PM »
This damn phone! He damn it :bash: lol

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »
Peter, couldn't have said it better!!! This stuff makes my blood boil, Scott wouldn't ban ya' He's a good egg

Don't kid yourself - I've been under strict surveillance and on triple secret probation around here for years. The Grand Poohbah knows all the forums I belong to and has gone so far as to track my posts elsewhere just to let me know that there's no place to hide. I don't know what I'd do without the guy who sweeps my office for bugs every week. Might as well have been born in the Soviet Union. 

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »
HA! HA! HA!, any input Scott? Those are some serious allegations ;D

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 12:01:27 PM »
Salty never comments on his espionage activities. He's spent years building his organization, and never says a word that would jeopardize the well-being of his field operatives. He's kinda like James Bond, except that the bad guys are the ones who end up with the babes.

Jimmy Durante