Author Topic: On Lure Kit Thru-wiring  (Read 4498 times)

Offline Out Fishing

On Lure Kit Thru-wiring
« on: August 29, 2013, 10:55:06 PM »
I was wondering about the thru-wires in the lure kits. Most of the kits (namely the 2.5 0z surfster) have thru-wire bent at a 90 degree angle. Should this be bent straight while inserting the wire, or am I missing something.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: On Lure Kit Thru-wiring
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 04:45:26 AM »
Yes it's bent that way so it fits in the package. You will straighten it out when you insert it into the lure. What we do is make the bend so the bent area is inside the lure and there is at least enough straight in the wire to get you through the lure otherwise it would be really hard to insert the wire.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 10:35:43 PM »
Another question. What should I use to wrap the wire around to make the rear wrap.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 11:04:48 PM »
You can use nipex round nose pliers, or  framing nail or Allen wrench in a vice.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 04:04:03 PM »
More Questions. I've just got my kit, and i've noticed that the swivels included are too wide to fit through the hanger grommets. What should I do?

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 04:47:59 PM »
You take a pair of pliers and veeeeeeeery slightly squeeze one side of the swivel it will go in. You want that barrel on the swivel to be tight inside so it doesn't slam back and forth.