Author Topic: FUN!  (Read 11369 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: FUN!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 09:32:01 PM »
Only hurts like hell if I touch something. Got a VERY small sliver of ayc out of it by squeezing today.That piece is abt .010 thick by abt 1/8 long or slightly less to give you an idea of size. Peroxide in the hole again still foams like a bastid so there is definitely still something in there.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 09:35:38 PM »
And when I say it hurts like hell i'm not kidding. yikes type of pain if it touches something.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 01:32:04 PM »
I agree with your diagnosis, there is still something in there. My son had a piece of wood in his foot for some time, and when he finally went to the doctor, he dug it out but it still hurt.  Two days later, my son squeezed it and a second, bigger piece came out enough to grab it with the pliers.

...and yes, they hurt all out of proportion to their size.  I had one hurt so much that I stopped carrying stuff in my right pocket until it worked its way out enough to get hold of it, because it hurt to put my hand in my pocket.

Anyhow, glad you got part of it out.  Here's hoping the rest is evicted soon.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »
Today was the ultrasound appt at the hospital. The radiologist did an ultrasound then called in a hand surgeon to look at this again on ultrasound. HUGE abscess in my hand right now and the bottom of the hole where the drill bit went into is LESS THAN ONE millimeter from the tendon for my ring finger. He said one mm more and I would have lost use of my ring finger and would have been emergency hand surgery to try and attach the tendon again. Scary chit.

So the good news is they can't see anything. I showed them what the wood sliver looked like that came out and they looked real well but it looks like I dodge a serious bullet. Friday I go see the hand surgeon again and see what he recommends for what to do with this.

Pain has pretty much disappeared in the last few days. It is still pussing but the surgeon today said with the size of the hole there it would still be pussing for a while because of alot of space in the hand right now. Says he thinks it's a granuloma like the other doc said.

gone fishin

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 08:56:27 PM »
Scott - as you know I ususally only snoop around on the interwhatever.  No smart phone etc...  When I read the article about Salty's lures, I thought it was well written and describes you and your business well. 

I signed in to say hello and found the FUN post.  You have a shitty record of keeping your hands attached.   This latest injury is unreal.  All I can say is you will be fighting this for a loooong while.  AYC is not too kind on cuts and healing.  Good thing you were not working with PT.   I wish you a speedy recovery with no after effects!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 04:48:10 AM »
Hi Don glad to see you! Don't be such a snooper LOL

Tu for the article comments. It was completely unexpected so I read the thing and said wow to myself!

Doc says upwards of a year to heal this and may have to be opened again.  Shitty record for sure Don. That week of April 20 was the last of the pain. It's back again as of yesterday because I tried to open a soda bottle. You are right abt ayc and cuts. I see splinters alot working with the stuff on the chop saw and some splinters take 2-3 weeks to heal.

Oh and had a relapse of pneumonia last Friday night and been dealing with this again all week. More Xrays...up to 12 now in the last month...pretty soon I be glowing Chernobyl.  Another round of antibiotics and steroids. I'm getting 2-3 hours of sleep per night now.  :bash:

risurffishing

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 10:56:22 PM »
Scott, was just thinking today about this today. Glad it is getting better. Hope to start turning soon, and will be needing to come see you for supplies. Talk to you soon.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 10:24:54 AM »
Look for the eery glow in the sky john lol

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 05:27:20 AM »
I would say there is a piece of wood in there Scott,I was a dock builder and getting CCA splinters all the time if you could not get them out they would fester up(getting infected and producing pus)what I believe is happening is the splinter is starting to decay in your hand usually they will pop out when squeezed after a few days if not the only solution besides waiting for a Dr. would be to try a drawing salve and wrap it with a bandage I would soak it in epsom salts again let your hand dry some and use the salve maybe it will draw it up enough for it to pop out.This may take a couple of days if the splinter is deep.Ask the pharmacist for the salve thats the old school name I believe it is called boil ease nowadays.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 03:35:04 PM »
How is the hand?

How is the pneumonia?

...and have you had a chance to go fishing yet? :lurk:

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 05:17:28 PM »
shhh! pneumonia is gone....shhhhh

hand is still messed up. Pain one day nothing the next.

Been fishing several times. Nothing good to speak about. Skunked once.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 07:21:00 PM »
MORE FUN!!!

Right through the side of my chainmail glove yesterday.

Nice 3/4" deep stainless puncture wound. WTF I'm not playing the lottery for a while  :sofa: