Author Topic: Newbie...Stupid question  (Read 20943 times)

keale

Re: Newbie...Stupid question
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 02:37:14 PM »
Thanks Scott, I didn't Want to just guess where my weights would go. 
Do you sell your discarded wood blanks that doesn't meet your requirements?  Looking for 2x2 or little smaller.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 08:20:47 PM »
Seal a lure and prime it then take a rubber band and put a weight where you think you want it and float test it. If it looks a bit heavy in freshwater remember saltwater is more buoyant.

I don't sell blemished product anymore. I burn it or it gets destroyed and put in a locked dumpster.

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

keale

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 11:24:17 AM »
 :o oh oh... I epoxied the weight in and sealed it... eyeballed it... LIVE AND LEARN!!

keale

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 02:31:51 PM »
OK, Now I know I've bitten off more than I can chew.... so I bought the biggest tail weight...do I need a grommet?  Because w/ this tail weight the grommets are too small!

Stop laughing!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 06:27:31 PM »
Yes I should have the larger grommets on the website and don't. I've resisted adding them for many years..
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

keale

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 08:00:38 PM »
Wait...What???? :o :o :o This is a bad dream...LOL  you know you're torturing me right?

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 08:55:48 PM »
Yes can't you feel the pains in your side that would be my cupie doll LOL I don't have an answer to your question at this time.

keale

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 07:54:09 PM »
And here I thought I was safe from you across the Pacific!   :laugh:  just to let you know you're suppose to make it easy for me!!  I do bad just fine by myself! >:LOL

keale

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 02:06:21 AM »
 Hey Scott, Are You guys affected by the storm?  Stay warm!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 06:23:40 AM »
Getting slammed right now. I'll box some up and send to you.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2015, 07:56:04 PM »
I ORDERED 20,000 OF THESE TODAY AND WILL NOW HAVE THE LARGE SIZE ON THE WEBSITE.

OK, Now I know I've bitten off more than I can chew.... so I bought the biggest tail weight...do I need a grommet?  Because w/ this tail weight the grommets are too small!

Stop laughing!

keale

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 10:14:20 PM »
Thanks!  I tried leaving the tail weight sticking out a little, to act like a grommet.
ETA?

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2015, 05:56:13 AM »
Dunno yet abt a week or so?

keale

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2015, 01:37:47 PM »
Do you feel your standard FRONT wire bend is sufficient or should I make the front like tail wrap?  I'm using 325lb AFW .

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2015, 03:54:34 PM »
Sufficient for what? To not pull out? Hook it to your car and set your drag on full. Check it if it pulls. My guess is your drag will slip or your rod will break before you pull the wire.