Author Topic: Thanks for the great kits...pics and fish  (Read 7186 times)

Hobieblue

Thanks for the great kits...pics and fish
« on: January 05, 2012, 07:04:29 PM »
Hi there guys.  I am a west coast kayak bass (largemouth and striper) fishing junkie.  Just got into plug making and I love these kits.  I'm just using regular spray paint cans, so hopefully I will get better with practice.  Here are some pics and a nice 3.5 pound largemouth surprise I got this winter.  Striper fishing has been slow this year on the delta, but there is still time for me to knock a few on topwater.

Looking forward to more lures and more fish in 2012.

HB

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Thanks for the great kits...pics and fish
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 07:39:57 PM »
Hobieblue welcome to the forum and tnx for the feedback. I owe you a lure on your next order and will throw something in for you as a tnx for taking the time to tell us!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 09:02:01 PM »
nice hobieblue..........and a nice catch...........plugs look great but my favorite is the super dooper plooper popper....i love throwing that thing
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Hobieblue

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 11:30:59 AM »
Thanks for the compliments guys.  I made that plooper for my buddy...and did a few for myself too.  I got a small 2 pounder LMB on it to boot!

That's a good deal Scott!  I've been eyeballing the micro blabbermouth poppers...they look like bass lunch!  But any freebie would be great!  Thanks.  I'll be placing another order this week.

HB

Hobieblue

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »
Jeremy...so many lures, so little time!  I know that waking swimmers would work on the bass in the delta.  Which model swimmer would you recommend?  I don't like throwing stuff over 1.5 oz. --my rods would break!

Thanks for the feedback.  That's a big LMB for a northern strain, btw! 

HB

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
Hobieblue I only yesterday put the screen name with the real name which I recognized! I sent you a micro cuttyhunk popper as a thanks for the feedback. Enjoy that lure it works well for fresh and salt.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Hobieblue

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 04:29:13 PM »
I love the c-hunk!  Great size bait for bass...reminds me of the chug-bug style baits.  I'm painting up some today from my last order.  I will be locked and loaded with new wood topwater baits for the spring, summer, and fall!  Thanks a lot!   :D

HB (Bryan)

Hobieblue

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 11:29:21 PM »
Yeah, that small sufster would work for sure.  Maybe later this year I'll try a few.

Thanks.

HB

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »
Jeremy years ago when I took the original Makati "Crazy Hulio" and changed it to a lefty style lip, I took it down to the sawmill pond down the street from the house. Thing wasn't even painted if memory serves me correct. Got HAMMERED by a nice chain pickerel next to a lily pad area. I saw that thing come out of the depths and said HOLY shit! The Crazy Bugger was born :)

One of my favorite plugs still. It's not only fun to make but it's one of the best fish catching plugs I make. I've got so much feedback from people on that lure. I've had people tell me after a good day of non stop blue fishing that there was nothing but wire sticking out of the back of the lure. Fish just want that plug.