Author Topic: Needle fish kit assembly  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Needle fish kit assembly
« on: March 04, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »
Newbie here... i've made a couple of gliders (and the pictorial assembly instructions were great) ... I'm making a few needle fish and i'm a little confused as to the parts...

I'm ok with the nose and tail grommet ... but it seems to have 2 body weighs, one belly weight and no belly grommet and another piece I'm not sure of?  I'm sure it's my ignorance ... any help would be great. 

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Needle fish kit assembly
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 07:51:59 AM »
Chip I can't tell what needlefish that is in the picture on my iPhone but the belly weight should go in the bottom and it looks like a grommet spacer that fits the tail grommet is there also.   There should be a matching pictorial for that linked off the main kit page

Also your email you signed up with is an invalid address please fix this if I get bounce messages your acct will be deleted. The bounce messages will fill my inbox if I don't keep on top of them tnx.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 08:07:02 AM »
email fixed ...

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 08:50:42 AM »
Tu I get bounce messages every 2 hours from each one til it times out at 24 hours :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »
Ok I'm home I can see it on a real computer, that is a 2 oz sandeel needle and the pictorial is locatedhere: http://www.saltys.co/kitinstructions/saltyskitinstructions20sandeelneedlefish1_raster_139.gif

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 12:20:05 PM »
Chipdog I think I just realized something here. You said you did gliders...there is a generic pictorial about assembling that particular lure, all the lures though have a specific pictorial on the site. The main link is off the main kit page.  It is one picture for each lure kit that shows where all pieces go.

I think what your referring to is the generic tutorial that shows how a typical lure is assembled. That is only to show typical steps I think that page says this.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 01:26:37 PM »
Thanks.  This should square me up.  I'll post pics when done. Seems like I should have done some dry fitting and drilling before paint.  Will try to back into it.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
Shouldnt need to do any drilling. That should already be done. Occasionally a weight might be tight and may need to be trimmed but I haven't run across too many the molds are pretty uniform so when I drill them they're pretty close tolerance.