Author Topic: Post your kit pictures  (Read 371413 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
Re: Post your kit pictures
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2010, 10:44:20 PM »
hay striperman...i used marbling pigment...from mudhole tackle.. base coat your plug white........mix your two part epoxi  i use flex coat   
1- pour from your mix  2 nickle size spots of epoxi on a piece of foil
2- mix one spot with marbling pigment  u dont need much i would say 1/8"dot of pigment and your choice of color
3- mix the other nickle size spot of epoxi with a differant color
4- now with the remaining epoxi which is clear (i like to add  glitter to it).coat your plug
5- onece all coated take a tooth pick dip it into your first color and put a small dot on your plug about 1/8"  and drag the color across the plug all differant directions with the pic
6- do the same with the second color... but in a differant  location on the plug and using a differant pic  rember to spin the plug to keep things even with no sags
7-just keep dragging the two pigments useing the tip of the toothpic   until u like the effect
8-now let the plug dry  the plug must spin until dry...i use a rod dryer motor to spin the plug slowly   
go to YOUTUBE or WWW.MUDHOLE.COM  for video instructions CRB MARBLING good luck :)
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2010, 05:57:01 AM »
most guys do that with a bucket of water and some drops of paint. slightly mix it slowly...then dip plug and remove...
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2010, 07:45:12 AM »
 yea ive seen that done on a guitar body.....with a little borax added to the water

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2010, 05:04:12 AM »
what does the borax do? That's a slimy soap.

Here's a scuttlebugger for you Handy.. Jose did this one. nice!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2010, 05:12:57 AM »
nice pic

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2010, 07:12:25 AM »
WOW say jose did u ever think  about painting bikes tanks.......sweet colors and those are show Quality..........dam i got to get better at my painting.........nice job! 8)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2010, 07:27:30 AM »
say salty!!  im not sure what the borax  dose..........but when i mixed it in water and then added the different colors of paint.........when  the drop of paint hits the water  they explode in differant directions............then i dip the guitar body in the  paint and water.....submerge it   then when i pull the body up  the paint sticks  to the guitar in differant colors... marbelizing  it ..........ita a pain in the you know what..and plus u have to seal all the neck pockets and pickup cavaitys.......i did it once  but didnt do it ever again.........there is a video on it

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2010, 08:57:15 AM »
ok that's to break the surface tension then

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2010, 08:10:24 AM »
finished a few more kits,needles & spooks.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2010, 08:17:00 AM »
I like the blue needle. The black backed spook is gonna slay fish. As will the banana one at first light.  Black and red are good colors up here in the canal. Alot of guys like that color in rubber. SWEET stuff

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2010, 10:50:47 AM »
Some from Fred Hung.

DLP

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2010, 04:50:53 PM »
Here's one i did with the son..he loves the kits,so do i frankly cant wait to hit the water with them!

DLP

« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2010, 05:03:17 PM »
another veiw, good glitter effects on this one but yoiu need to clik the pic and look up close

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2010, 12:47:39 PM »
another veiw, good glitter effects on this one but yoiu need to clik the pic and look up close
do you add the glitter to the etex or put it on the plug before hand??
great looking paint job!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2010, 06:11:58 PM »
say DLP    those scales look so real......it looks like u can scale that plug.......but a bitch to falet  nice job.............plus i like the wood mounting..........your an artist