Author Topic: Positioning of wire on 3oz Dahtah (Darter for the rest of the world)  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Just got 2 of the darter kits and was reviewing the instruction sheet.  I have 2 questions.

1. Does it make any difference whether the tag end of the wire faces the toward the lure or away from it.

2. The instructions say for the loop to be .2 inches from the front edge but when I look at some of the pictures of completed lures te loop seems to be further back.  I realize the placement will affect the action of the lure so I want to get it right.  Is placement .2 inches or greater?

Thanks for any help.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Positioning of wire on 3oz Dahtah (Darter for the rest of the world)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 04:12:43 PM »
.2 inches on the nose. Test fit it first and see how back it goes, then if it needs to be adjusted you cut the tag end slightly and re-insert. Not sure what you mean by towards or away. I think your talking up and down and no it doesn' amke any difference. The tag end should be butted up to the front of the special swivel included.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 11:32:02 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation on the measurement.  Yes I was asking about whetherr the tag should be oriented up or down and you answered that question.

This is the first time that I purchased kits from you and I was really impressed first by the quality of the product and second by the fact that you have the kits ready to be sent out.  In the past I purchased kits from a Jersey firm but most of the time the kits are unavailable.  You will be getting my business in the future.

The video for forming the wire loop is priceless, in the past this was a real struggle.  Using the Knipex pliers and watching the video a few times has made a real difference in the quality of my lures.  Purhaps you might consider producing some more instructional videos in the future on painting and finishing the lures.

Ed

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 10:10:10 AM »
Thanks Ed. I appreciate the feedback!