Author Topic: 2 Oz Sandeel Kit  (Read 3963 times)

frazerp

2 Oz Sandeel Kit
« on: June 07, 2015, 01:29:04 PM »
Confused about the pictorial on the tail set-up on the web site.

After the 2 weights, it says a spacer & then a grommet. The spacer doesn't easily go into the weight pockets + the grommet doesn't fit in to the spacer.

So what's the right procedure ???

Also curios why there is no Belly Grommet - won't the swivel eventually wear away finish, etc. ???

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: 2 Oz Sandeel Kit
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:11:40 PM »
Grommet does fit in the spacer we do it all the time. Put the spacer on the table and use your thumb to push it in, they do fit. Sometimes I find it easier to put the spacer in the back of the lure after inserting the thru wire, then using the thru wire as a guide to hold the grommet in place you can push against a table or hard surface.

The spacer can be tight in the back especially if you have paint or finish in that area. You can make it slightly larger if need be but those are all done with the same drill bit as many other kits also so should have normal size hole.

No grommets needed in harder woods. If you feel it needs one as some people do then by all means add one but I've never seen a fish stop and look at a lure and decline to eat it because it was missing the grommet :)

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: 2 Oz Sandeel Kit
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 12:07:44 PM »
I'm telling you they fit Frazer. I absolutely know it does as I've put together thousands of these. If you still can't get it to fit then email me your address and I'll put one in an envelope all put together for you. They do fit though. And yea they are tight. Try putting it together with your thumb as I said earlier. Now though it's possible you may have deformed the grommet from pushing on it in which case it probably be even harder to get it in.

Sandeel...now your telling me the hole isn't long enough, yes....at some point we changed from a .065 hole in the weight to a .095 which the grommet fits into and doesn't need the spacer. The spacer was put in with the original weights, which I'm 100% sure you don't have because those were made many moons ago. I think you'll find the grommet will fit directly into the weight.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts