Author Topic: metal lips  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Out Fishing

metal lips
« on: March 06, 2010, 09:43:10 PM »
salty can you tell me witch of your lips will match up to A-style lip for a small Danny and should I use the Godzilla size lips for the large Danny.Thank you i'm not sure on the lips just starting out.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: metal lips
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 04:48:06 AM »
Stargazer I'm not sure what you are referring to for an A style? Atom 40 style? The dimensions for the lips should be on the site for width/depth that would help you more than me as I don't know the size of the lure. Large danny could be 1" wide or it would be 8" ;D
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 05:56:41 AM »
Im copying the small danny from the fisherman mag witch is 1 inch mid 3 quarter nose.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 06:00:45 AM »
your small lefty is 7/8.1/8 smaller then the nose size is ok i assume then.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 08:58:55 PM »
I'd look at either the danny 2 lip or the lefty 1 lip I think for that small size?

Im copying the small danny from the fisherman mag witch is 1 inch mid 3 quarter nose.

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 10:35:38 PM »
Thank you,and sorry for the newbie questions.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 05:05:19 AM »
Nothing to be sorry for? Take some pics of the front of the lure and post em here with the different lips we'll tell you which to use. You'll always get an opinion :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 08:51:30 PM »
The lure is in the fishermen magazine issue #8 small Danny.I don't think i can take a picture.It lists to use pike 0.5 or 7/8 A-style lip from another site.I'd rather find comparable item on your site.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 05:33:53 AM »
Yes I don't make smaller than a #1 pikielip. Have considered it but punch/die costs are prohibitive right now. I just sprang for the Conrad/Atom Sr setup. Some guys have used lefty one lips as on the site as a replacement. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference in it swimming.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 09:46:26 PM »
thanks theirs no way I would of known that,I'll use them.I notice you post very early thanks for your time, I'm sure you could be doing something else. thanks again

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 04:51:52 AM »
early? I slept late today ;D

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 06:30:24 PM »
 wouldn't want your schedule,some commitment to your business hats off.