Author Topic: Saltys Lure Forum has been unlocked!  (Read 14666 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Saltys Lure Forum has been unlocked!
« on: March 17, 2021, 09:00:49 PM »
Today my web developer did some magic wizardry and was able to block access outside of North America on a country basis to individual directories. I had him apply this to the forum directory and I am happy to say I am able to open the registration again so people can use the search function and participate again. There are lots who don't like Facebook.

I originally had to shut off registration to the board due to a large number of not only spam "bots" but actual live people who were registering only to spam the forum. This caused me time every day to deal with. I tried a number of implements over the years without success. I had kind of abandoned this forum because of this but will start adding some new content here now also. The forum has been updated today also.

I have a new GoPro and am working towards updating some of our videos also.  Stay Tuned! bananalama

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Saltys Lure Forum has been unlocked!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 11:41:43 AM »
AND RELOCKED. EFFIN SCUMBAG SPAMMERS.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Saltys Lure Forum has been unlocked!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 07:33:20 PM »
I've tried everything possible working with my web developer also and absolutely disgusted. There are "Nets" of computers across the world used by spammers, these are called "TOR" sites. It's impossible to block. Just impossible. So the forum stays locked. I'm very sorry.

Facebook is it. We have a private group on facebook also under Saltys Lures. Join up there I've been posting some new videos from my gopro.