Author Topic: Hook Size and Placement  (Read 9059 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Hook Size and Placement
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 07:27:50 PM »
No I use the rotisserie motor I think it works well no epoxy sags just let them spin for a couple hours if you are using etex.And the motor I have reverses so you can switch direction if you like by hitting the switch off and on.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 10:46:06 AM »
Thanks for the reply's, hope to get at it next week. I like that four banger, Handy. Surstix I'll have to try that on/off ,for reverse. Will that remove any mistakes I make?  ;D  Talked to Salty at the Oakes show, I believe He said, He started out using a rotisserie motor? CRS...
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »
It is good I have it set up for 4 plugs but usually do 2 at a time one thing with the setup is you need to have 2 plugs that are close in weight or as it spins the heavier plug will kind of drop when gravity takes over I reverse mine every half hour or so it is probably not needed but my finish is a little better.Mistakes no mistakes they are called a learning curve I'm still learning.

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 05:39:14 PM »
got to agree with you on the weight and i only use the 4 for small plugs like the eel heads.....the motor that shrub and the one pic i posted is a bi derection  all you have to do is hold back the shaft or in this case the rod grip and she'll spin in reverse......i do the same thing i like to reverse the derection......there's a nice one that NJfish put togeather......he's running two motors a heat lamp  dam thing looks like you can dry plugs and cook an ovenstuffer roaster at the same time..................looks good though :)
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent