Author Topic: Tin Spoons  (Read 60624 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Tin Spoons
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2010, 03:29:50 AM »
See I waited and just got 40 lbs for $11 a lb and usps. HA!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2010, 01:28:25 PM »
Now there's a deal!
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2010, 06:03:54 PM »
Peter I thought you might like to see these...~30 lbs of pasquale tins, probably the largest collection of these antiques in the entire world.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2010, 06:36:39 PM »
Wow! Looks like you hit the jackpot. Where'd you find that haul? It's easier to find arrowheads than it is to find old tins of that quality, especially that many at once. I can't even find any info on those small companies, let alone the product, and I've done a lot of looking. Looks like you'll be adding some new stuff to your line.

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:12 PM »
MY LIPS ARE SEALED :)

Will be adding LOTS more in the spring. These were linotype lead...mine will be tin. No plating here. Though maybe I should to knock some price off them.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2010, 10:06:41 PM »
I know where there is that many in another place... :D ...I didn't know what they were until I read a post about them. I've fished them for years and they catch stripers and bonito very well!! I'll give you a hint...they are in the south...

If you know how to fish them they are deadly.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2010, 11:38:14 AM »
Yeah Bill, I know about one of those gold mines too. (or more correctly, a tin mine) Literally thousands of them of every design under the sun, some going back at least to the 1920's - I'd love to get digging privileges for an hour, but I have a better chance of being elected to the U.S. Senate. I've got a small collection of classic pieces, but they more or less fell into my lap, and there's no way I'm gonna fish them. I'm still hoping for yard sale lightning to strike, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Still, it's fun to look. Salty's Pasquales are a real find, there can't be many of them still around. You don't come across stuff like that every day unless you happen to have some serious burglar skills. Maybe I should look into getting some training in that field.

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2010, 05:23:25 PM »
LOL...Peter, when I bought mine I got them from a tackle shop in the Outer Banks. They still carry them as they were cheaper to buy at the time than Hopkins...I'm checking to see if they still have them. If so, I'll be making a purchase (that is unless Salty is offering his...)

I have the original AllStar 10'6" that I got from a friend who was testing and later became a salesman for them. It is rigged for an Abu Sports Rocket and slings that metal more than 130 yards with ease...I know because I can toss it across the creek I live on and hit the neighbor's yard.

Bill

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2011, 05:46:10 AM »
14 lbs at $12 a lb shipped.

I think I have enough for this season with all the new stuff.

Got the moldmax for the pasquale's the other day.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2011, 05:46:52 AM »
I think I have something around 70-80 lbs now. Going to continue to bottom feed as they come.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »
10 new molds being done next week. The start of the Pasquale tins. Some big stuff. Some small stuff. Salty's little Weasel coming soon  :-*

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2011, 02:01:13 PM »
looks good!!............. you little weasel :)
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2011, 07:05:47 PM »
Very nice, especially the one with the fish tail - that's a beauty. I've gotta get on the stick and get some new ones done myself - can't let Salty get all the glory.  ;D

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2011, 10:02:17 PM »
yea peter  quit building plug kits.......your slacking on the tins. :)
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2011, 04:59:45 AM »
nothing surprises me anymore  :fart: