Author Topic: clear spots in my clear  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Out Fishing

clear spots in my clear
« on: October 09, 2011, 04:40:01 PM »
guys, how are ya? been a while since I been on. 0 stripers and 2 blues on the season. almost 0 fishin' this season. sucked! anyway, I am trying to finish my kits from last Christmas and in some of my clear I get tiny dry spots. while they are still on the spinner the spots show up. spots are small 1mm .5 mm. spinner is 36 rpm using flexcoat.  any ideas? second coat? too thin of a first coat on the plug? I have not used a second coat yet. just used them as they were. I use syringes and take my time to get it right. I use foam brush to apply the clear. wanna get these done so I can get more for Christmas. oh yeah and fish 'em next season. >:(
I could see the bridge was lined with bears, but I didn't have a dog gone dime.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: clear spots in my clear
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »
fish eyes

there's contamination on the lure before it's coated. probably from touching it. Sometimes you can wipe the lure with something like denatured alcohol etc. Not rubbing alcohol. I have a policy of not touching any lure after it's sealed with anything but blue nitrile gloves. it's worked...I threw out like 500 plugs once...cuz I put hand cream on earlier....and touched every last effin one of them. WTF you could see my fingerprints in the primer...  :-\ :-\ :-\
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »
some guys put a clear spray of krylon over them before it's epoxied...this helps with problems like this...
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 08:49:43 PM »
topic meant to say dry spots in my clear. clear spots in my clear.....dope. Salty I'll take that advice and see how the next ones come out. thanks
I could see the bridge was lined with bears, but I didn't have a dog gone dime.