Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 215500 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #240 on: July 05, 2017, 03:32:43 PM »
 ::)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #241 on: July 05, 2017, 04:07:36 PM »
Hi Scott

My apologies I just checked  my junk folder and saw your responses.

Thank you for getting back to me : )

Looking for some advice on types of blanks to buy for my first trip to south oman. Looking for stuff to use in the surf out there.... would I post that here?

Thanks again

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #242 on: July 05, 2017, 07:48:24 PM »
Not sure what you have for questions but sure go ahead. Most of the guys we send stuff to in Bahrain, Qatar, Abu Dhabi etc are fishing big stuff like 2.5oz and up, triple split rings, built heavy. But I've seen a bunch of them do smaller stuff too so guess they have all different sizes of baits like we have here. all the same lures we use here for stripers work well there also.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2018, 04:20:45 PM »
Howdy from landlocked NE Oklahoma :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2018, 06:22:54 PM »
Welcome!

Howdy from landlocked NE Oklahoma :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #245 on: March 14, 2018, 11:49:37 PM »
Hello my name is Pat Patrick and I live and fish around Marblehead, MA which is about eighteen miles north of Boston MA.  Originally from Florida and born on the water so to speak I have been fishing all of my life for one scaly thing or another.  Last year I hit 70 yo and decided to fish as much as possible from here on out.  It is said "God does not subtract from a man's time on earth that time a man spends fishing". Well I am going to test that one for sure.
I just started making wooden lures because my second career is restoration carpentry so I have the skills and materials to make a go of it.  Made two last year which seemed to work, so I have gone into it more seriously in preparation for this season.  I hope to learn much from this site and the members who share their knowledge so freely.
My love is night fishing.  I love to be out by myself at the coast or an inlet at night.  The world is so calm and quiet and there is a different feel to the environment and the creatures of the night.  Top water poppers are my specialty and big ones at that.  I believe that big lures catch big fish.  It's always been true for me at least.  Of course I also believe that lures catch fishermen first and then a fish if the fisherman is lucky.  Hey it's just fun and a privilege to be able to fish as much as I get to now.  My thanks to my wife of fifty years who is so supportive of my fishing and all the stuff and smells that come along with it.  Thanks honey.
Pat Patrick
The only man who never made a mistake is the man who in the face of opportunity chose to do nothing.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2018, 05:30:39 AM »
 8)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2018, 06:18:13 PM »
Frank Warren, I live in VT, fish North Shore Ma. Going to fish the Cape Cod canal more this year, just started making plugs can't wait to try them....

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2018, 07:07:19 PM »
Hello. Even though I am an experienced MA/NC surf caster, I have never fished the CC Canal. This year I will however. Have gear will travel. If anyone would be so kind as to take on a Canal rookie for tag along I would be grateful. Also happy to buy bait if you teach me how to use it!  Experienced night fisher, know plugs and fish behavior well, can throw a plug a mile. But Canal naive and willing to learn.
Pat Patrick
The only man who never made a mistake is the man who in the face of opportunity chose to do nothing.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2018, 05:27:02 AM »
Welcome Frank!