Author Topic: paint stand  (Read 8188 times)

Offline Out Fishing

paint stand
« on: April 29, 2017, 01:39:28 AM »
 I was wondering if anyone had a simple design for a paint stand/stretcher that will allow simple painting.I'm brand new to this and I'm trying to keep it simple and cost effective. Any thoughts or ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you, Barry.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: paint stand
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 06:13:34 AM »
Barry not sure what you mean by paint stand.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 09:38:02 AM »
That's much too early to be looking at MY post, but anyways what I meant was a device that enables me to paint the plugs.I have seen people stretch the plug horizontal, using screw eyes to hold them.What I have not seen is the other end showing what the device looks like. Is it made of wood or something else? I just need to get some idea of what to make to solve the stretching process enabling me to also rotate it to paint also.I thought someone may have made something that they might share. Thanks,Barry.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 04:08:10 PM »
Put a screw eye in it and hold it with a pair of needlenose visegrips.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts