Author Topic: Epoxy Questions  (Read 15974 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• I have a fishing equip. addiction please help
Re: Epoxy Questions
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 02:30:12 PM »
thats sorta what I was getting at. rubbing alcohol. will screw up anything you add it to and someone wanted to know why thats why I added the ingredients that they add to it. :D

So people NEVER USE RUBBING ALCOHOL  (ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL)  !!!!!!!!!!

ONLY USE DENATURED ALCOHOL

"feel the bite"

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »
Just for the record - I use 91% rubbing alcohol for epoxy cleanup, (not thinning) and it does a great job. I used to use Popov 100-proof vodka, but a month in rehab kinda convinced me that some things are best left alone. Not sure about Salty's sparkly white powder though. Wonder if it comes with a a razor blade and drinking straw in the package.
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• I have a fishing equip. addiction please help
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
no just a dollar bill

Yea it will clean it but other contaminates are in it.
"feel the bite"

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 08:17:20 PM »
LOL peter jay.........thats funny...........ya make my day
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 07:26:13 AM »
Is peter jay still here? My end of the world didn't happen here I'm wondering if he drank some of that 100 proof and fell off the earth

LOL
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm still here. If 20 years of guzzling rotgut liquor, two miserable ex-wives, innumerable brawls, and a couple of full-scale riots didn't kill me, then the Maya Indians don't stand a chance. Hey, has anybody checked to see if the Maya are still down there? Considering the fact that they're responsible for all this nonsense, it's entirely possible that they were the only ones who got the shaft during the recent apocalypse. Somebody get Lester Holt on the phone. People need to know.
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 04:55:40 PM »
hahahaha! Peter J is like the postman and the energizer bunny melted together

:)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 07:52:29 PM »
Ok, scrolling through some older posts, am I correct by saying, fron this article I got...a few drops of denatured alcohol will thin the epoxy and make it a little smoother to apply?  And a few drops of pearlized createx in the epoxy will give it a shimmer of sorts?  Thx guys for all the info.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 08:35:56 PM »
hey ther 2225 remember createx is a water based paint unless you found oil based......createx wont mix with epoxy.......not to sure what type of epoxy your useing but i personaly dont thin the epoxy   i use etex or flexcoat but and thats pretty much thin allready.......devcon 30min is way to thick for me so i dont bother useing it......but if u like to make your epoxy flow try useing a heat lamp while turning your plugs.....warm  not hot.......testor model paint work well for tinting your epoxy  and HOUSE OF COLORS  has some cool pearls that will suit your needs   good luck  and your plugs look great

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 10:53:50 PM »
Just ordered some Environtek.  Been using the Devcon. 

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 12:16:18 AM »
Good stuff bill, also I warm the two parts in a bowl of warm water, not hot, seems to flow better for me, but Etex is pretty easy to work with

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 07:33:46 AM »
nice bill you wont be disapointed......not to sure if you have syranges but  its nice to have when mixing  1-1 epoxys rod building supplies carries them or your local drug store pick up a set......just a suggestion.......good luck

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »
DO NOT use syringes that have silicone in them for lubrication...this is a common issue with doing this. bad juju

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 05:58:35 PM »
ETex came in.  WOW, what a different world.  Thx for the suggestion.  Total different look to the plugs.  Will post pics in the next few days.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 08:36:16 PM »
yea bhowe2225......nice isnt it     add some flakes to your mix ( glitter )  by CS coatings.   you want fine glitter  and not to much just a tinch...after your e-tex is mixed well, add a little glitter to the mix

good luck