Author Topic: glad to be back  (Read 9558 times)

Offline Out Fishing

glad to be back
« on: September 13, 2013, 09:39:05 AM »
been away for awhile just wanted to say hi.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: glad to be back
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 01:35:42 PM »
WOAH! welcome back you been busy! Love the surfster!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 02:20:19 PM »
Holy crow!!! Nice looking plugs bub!!! Welcome back!

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 04:14:41 PM »
nice plugs ....didnt relize you were gone.......welcome home
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »
Love the squid and that greenback popper!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 06:47:58 PM »
If I was a fish I'd be trying to make love to those squid poppers :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »
Thanks guys, Andy; that green back was abducted last November by a 7 foot Tarpon nice long fight that I lost but I got 4 full breach jumps out of him and he towed me around for quit-a-while. I only had 25lb line on with no leader because we where just out for a quick morning run and never dreamed we would jump those Tarpon he eventually ground through that line. 
Handyman, I just got on I think last year and got started on the forum when work got in the way, i haven't had a lot of posts so you guys probably don't recall me. Nevertheless I think I might have a little to offer in helping others and I look forward to participating more on the forum
Salty, The surfster is painted like a mullet and blacktip sharks in the surf love them around daybreak which also means they do not last to long the squid is good on a full moon night especially if you can cast to the third bar.

Thanks for all the nice comments I'll post some more after they dry long enough to paint 

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 12:13:26 PM »
Dumb question but do you get alot of squid down there? NICE spanish!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »
Only ever caught two of them in my whole life.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 12:33:17 PM »
Hey nice Mack!!! Those things are reel burners :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 12:00:12 AM »
Never caught a squid, but never fished for them either. I do use them for bait occasionally, especially if there are a lot of crabs, them buggers can clean a hook off quick. The squid seams to be harder for them. I have tried those squid lures during the day with no luck it seams they just work at night only when the moon is high. I haven't been able to catch anything on the big pencil popper in the picture, no body uses them down here maybe that is why, that being said I may not know haw to work it properly. Maybe you eastcoasties can throw a texan a bone??

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 04:09:34 PM »
DW go on YOUTUBE theres two vids 1 on how to use a pencil popper and 1 on how to work a  wide mouth popper

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 04:11:59 PM »

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 04:42:23 PM »
yep! I did not know how to work that pencil, That looks much more appealing that how I was working it. We are seeing more and more bluefish down here and I'm enjoying myself with them This just might get me a couple more. The popper I got down I work it several was just depends on the situation. Thanks handyman!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »
Tnx Handy I posted that this morning but for some reason my computer shuts it's internet connection down when I go to a youtube video now. Got to be something to do with flash I think. So I cut and pasted that then my machine went to intenet lala land and had to be rebooted.