Author Topic: Proposition 65 labeling changes & new law implemented  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Proposition 65 labeling changes & new law implemented
« on: July 22, 2018, 04:45:52 PM »

WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including XXXXX, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.  For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Saltys is a small business and exempt from California Proposition 65 warning requirements, but choose to provide them voluntarily for known chemicals per California law.
Wash hands after handling, DO NOT smoke or eat with contaminated hands! Keep away from children and do not ingest! USE COMMON SENSE!

LOTS of new labeling up on the website and packages such as above. New California Prop 65 labeling goes into effect 8/30/18.
While I don't agree that us shouldering the costs of doing all the changes is correct, I do think it's a good idea to identify the hazards openly even if not shipping to Ca. We're actually exempt under the law from any labeling now because we are under a 10 person company but we've decided to voluntarily list known carcinogens as required by the new law.

All Kits will now be listed as a cancer carcinogen for wood dust from sanding and loose lead weights! Belly & Tail weights obviously, even Wires just for the possibility of machine oil left from manufacturing! Even wood turning squares because they can be made into sawdust.

Since the new law says it must be clearly advertised on a website shopping cart I'm really surprised not to see more of this already. Have considered dropping shipments to California...where does this madness end?
Does this mean I have to stop chewing on the weights now  :-\  (Don't do this it was a joke)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts