Author Topic: St Croix Avid Inshore  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Out Fishing

St Croix Avid Inshore
« on: April 14, 2011, 12:14:06 AM »
One more rod. My last... :wink:  I'm looking at a St Croix Avid Inshore, 8', MH, F, 1/2 to 2 oz. Spinner, $230 bucks...Life time warranty.  To be fished of the beach and inlets.Tins, wood and Jigs .I don't have a spinner to fit that slot. Good reason, Right? Any thoughts or alternatives would be welcome. Thanks!
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: St Croix Avid Inshore
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 05:48:44 AM »
Got one love it. Penn 5500 fits nice as does Shoemano stuff. St Croix is my fav. Great light tackle rod. Will throw 3 oz nice too.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 08:21:50 AM »
i love my st croix.......and i like fishing with shorter rods.......that 8' could be an all around rod  as i like to use poppers & spooks and throw metals  the 8'er is a little easer on the shoulders.......nice rod for dragging for fluke in the surf.............although i like st croix.......i built a  ron aara 10' rod   line wt  12/20 lure 3/4 2.0 oz   and im thinking about getting an ron aara blank....in 8'.......it has a nice color to :)
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Fly fishing & tying, plugging, rod building...
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 08:50:44 AM »
I've thrown Handy's 10' Ron arra rod and it is sweet.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »
Thank's for the reply's. looked at the Ron Arra's on line, same ratings and $. looks like a nice rod, Tempting. St Croix, having replaced two rods, a Tidemaster caster and last fall a 10' 6" Mojo,spinner... I am a "Brand Loyal" type...   Scott, does your Avid handle the 1/2 oz stuff OK?
Tom C