Author Topic: here i go with more questions  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Out Fishing

here i go with more questions
« on: April 16, 2011, 08:50:43 AM »
sorri lots changed since i fished like this 20yrs ago iv got a saltwater lisc.for maine i also need for mass or anyother state that requires also right?what time in spring may stripers start to show up no water temp.has lots to do with it and food to no some of these questions are dumb but when i got out of it we were catching blue fin tuna off boon island ledge.time goes so fast thank you the time you all give to someone like me   
as life goes on things get taken from you live for today yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet go fishing

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
Re: here i go with more questions
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 09:04:02 AM »
say haddock!!!!! ask all the questions you want and dont feel funny about ........i cant help you with any fishing in main.....but here in jersey the strippers are hitting the bays and we are starting to get them off the surf on bait.......water temp for the bass 50* +............any questions you have  could benift others who might not ask a question :)
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 09:57:38 AM »
Some of these licenses are reciprocal. I'm not the best to answer this. I believe it's on the noaa website?

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 08:59:51 PM »
Check with the Maine Dept. of Marine Fisheries. (or whatever it's called these days) Some states have reciprocal agreements with other states and some don't. BTW - There's a name for people who get their legal advice from forums. I believe they're called "inmates."
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 08:02:56 AM »
well sorri if i ask wrong questions i already have my lisc.in maine just didnt see were other states may accept it ill go back and look deeper sorri if i afended you peter
as life goes on things get taken from you live for today yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet go fishing

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 09:28:18 AM »
He didn't mean it that way Haddock. He's spot on though. Something like this where you can/could get in trouble I wouldn't take anything said on a forum as law. Otherwise you could end up as an inmate if you get the wrong information. (I think that was the joke there) :)

I'd go right to the source which in this case I think is noaa? I'll try googling here.

http://www.nrcm.org/news_detail.asp?news=3550

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 09:32:10 AM »
If someone can come up with whose reciprocal to who etc I'll make it a sticky at the top of the forum.

Then again it would be more fun to visit PeterJay in the clinker he'll probably get Charlie Sheen or Nick Cage as his cellmate :D

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 09:35:31 AM »
say haddock.....dont pay peterj any mind..........he's class act  his got a way about him.......he's just joking with you....hell you anit seen nothin yet.........wait till one touriost walks past him on a jetty  wait till we all hear that story........peterj makes me laugh cause thats his hummor......if you ever fish RI  and your near a jetty  and spot a man who  looks like grizzley adams...and when he cast a 360* swing cast out to the ocean that be him.........oh!! hey carrys a mean machetty for the tuff tourist.........you my ask your self why a 360* cast........thats to keep the tourist away......he's a funny man and you gotta love him for his witt.............

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 09:38:03 AM »
Maine Exemptions

The following individuals are exempt from providing information to the saltwater registry:

Individuals under the age of 16.
    Passengers onboard a vessel whose captain holds a commercial operator’s permit.
    Persons renting a smelt shack from an individual who holds a commercial operators permit.
    A person with a disability.
    A disabled veteran.
    A person with a valid New Hampshire saltwater recreational fishing license, fishing up to Cape Neddick.
    A Maine resident fishing on July 4, Memorial Day weekend, or Labor Day weekend

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 09:38:51 AM »
NH Exemptions

Anglers fishing from a licensed charter or partyboat.
    Anglers under 16 years of age.
    Anglers who possess a Massachusetts or Maine saltwater license.
    Anglers who purchased a Lifetime Fishing or Combination License prior to 2011, in which case they may need to obtain a free permit each year limited to fishing for saltwater smelt, American shad, trout and salmon in coastal and estuarine waters. This permit must be applied for each year at the Fish & Game office in Concord and is good only for the fish listed above.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 09:39:53 AM »
Massachusetts

Anglers who wish to fish recreationally for finfish in Massachusetts marine waters must have a Massachusetts Recreational Saltwater Fishing permit, or a recreational saltwater fishing permit from a state that has a reciprocity agreement with Massachusetts. As of February 2011, this includes New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Connecticut.

Exemptions

No permit is required for the following individuals:
    Those under 16 years of age.
    Those fishing on permitted for-hire vessels (party and charter boats).
    Those who, regardless of their age, otherwise meet the definition of a disabled person.

Anglers 60 and older must obtain a permit. The permit is “free” to these individuals, although a small fee will be charged by the vendor to process the permit if purchased online.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
So that means cuz Peter is older than dried snot on a cows ear that he don't need to get a license :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 10:01:14 AM »
you go salty.......... ;)