Author Topic: Rod and real I can take on a plane  (Read 3418 times)

tom2000

Rod and real I can take on a plane
« on: January 21, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »
I'm looking for tackle for for light salt water and fresh water fishing that I can breack down and carry-on for a plane ride.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Rod and real I can take on a plane
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 02:35:56 PM »
Not sure who the best rod guys are for break down rods... I like St Croix alot, about 90% of my rods are theirs. Take a look at the ph series sticks, I think they make one in multiple pieces...makes a great light rod for saltwater and beefy nuff for freshwater. I'd stick a Shimano on the back of that and weight it so it's got balance.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »
allbright rod. they just had a huge sale like 60% off. and nice stuff too.

ctownfisherman

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »
I also second Scott's opinion I have the St Croix travel rod and love it.  And with a $50 replacement warranty hard to beat that.  Break it by stepping on it, car door etc they don't care.  Send them $50 and you have a new rod.  They went a step further for me as the rod I had was no longer being made by them.  So I spoke with a CSR and was shocked when he said well we can build you a new top two pieces for the rod instead.  I jumped on that!

Good luck!

David