Author Topic: Is salty's wholesale only  (Read 3877 times)

old dog

Is salty's wholesale only
« on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:07 PM »
I ordered some P O C, swivels, lips, etc etc from salty's and was asked for a tax number or something, Did I screw up is that site for wholesale only. I needed some things ASAP and now I have to go through this :bash:

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Is salty's wholesale only
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 06:22:52 AM »
Are you a plug builder selling plugs or is it just a hobby.Checkout on the main page under new products and announcements and you will find the explanation I believe it is the first thread.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 07:05:49 AM »
Old Dog because of the quantity of items ordered I deemed it more than an average person would use. 150 swivels. 400 eyes. That's alot of plugs for one individual. So if I see an order like this I ask for a tax exemption certificate or that you pay the 10% excise tax because you have to be selling the stuff.

I'm not accusing you and I don't care what you do. I do care if I see an order for quantities well beyond most people's individual orders. I pretty much figure you got to be selling at that point.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 08:42:37 PM »
No worries ODog I will take care of it.

I decided today that I'm going to shuffle a bunch of stuff around on the site soon and we're going to be adding the excise in directly as part of the sale in the future. It's the only way to do this that I see to not piss people off by asking them for the tax forms like this. Last thing I want to do and unfortunately it's the guys doing it under the table and trying to hide that are making it hard for everyone else.

OD please accept my apologies. This order fit the standard MO to a T. I see this 2-3 times a week where someone orders under a false or partial name, and purposely leaves any reference to their business off the order so they don't have to pay the tax. Not saying that's what you did here, personal use is fine I have no issues with this as said previously, it's the guys scamming that I do have an issue with. I've canceled several orders already this week for this and these guys know who they are.

If I re-arrange the cart and put the calculation in for the tax it will eliminate having to ask because anyone that IS a legit business will now have to come to ME with their certificate first otherwise they're going to double pay the tax. I don't see any other way of eliminating this problem. I don't have time to chase people for this. Unfortunately the problem is pretty widespread even involving other companies that sell components online.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 11:59:04 AM »
I can see larger orders to save the shipping or like old dog said a group order but I also understand the whole weekly order thing.I generally order 16-20 plugs when I order but thats like every 3-4 months and that keeps me going I am doing this to learn more and I am out of work do to injuries and this has really saved me from going nuts.I do have a lot of plugs now but hey the more the merrier.