Author Topic: help with building plugs  (Read 4202 times)

flex84

help with building plugs
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »
I have just attempted my first saltys plug, all went well with the exception of the end loop of the thru wire. I was wondering if there are any secrets to keeping the loop clean and tight without gnaurling the plug up?

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: help with building plugs
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »
Hi Dave welcome to the forum. Did you by chance see the youtube video I put together a while ago on this? Let me find the link.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 04:15:03 PM »
That's a rough video. I don't public speak. Watch that video as many times as you want.

That is the simplest, fastest, and easiest way to do a perfect tail loop each time.

At some point I ought to reshoot that with a gopro so people can see from a standard eye point of view how this is done.

Whose buying me a gopro :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »
Flex, New guy here too. Fook Dup a hand full at first. Tried to get the loop and the wraps uniform, most came out loose, looked OK but not tight. Devcon clear five min. Epoxy applied from the tail grommet through the wraps. I'm a hacker. Not bad looking... I did order extra pre-bent wire to practice with. Got IT now.  You'll get IT!
Tom C

flex84

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 12:13:53 PM »
Thanks for the video, I think I got it now, and Thanks for the tip Croaker, I'll epoxy the one I did, once I get some pics Ill throw them up.