Author Topic: tins  (Read 3537 times)

Offline Out Fishing

tins
« on: June 10, 2012, 11:44:48 PM »
I'm looking at the tins on line here, These look like what alot of us down here call spoons but they look nicer than most spoons. What is the difference? Why do you guys in the N.E. call them tins? Are they made of tin, I would like some information on these please.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: tins
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 04:53:35 AM »
Well what I call a spoon is a curved very thin piece of metal (usually plated brass)  that wobbles, usually used in freshwater....these tins are copies of old Charlie Graves stuff or Charlie Pasquale stuff that is a bunch thicker, weighs more, casts further, more durable etc. The action is very similar, mostly what you get with the tins is the tail hook wiggling back and forth which gives you a nice action in the water that the fish like. There is typically a "keel" to the tin which allows it to stay in the proper orientation unlike a spoon which goes beserk.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 06:33:57 AM »
like salty said an made of tin i have few of saltys an can say action of the tin is awsome vary ur reteive for diffent action u wont be disapointed
as life goes on things get taken from you live for today yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet go fishing

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 12:31:06 PM »
yea i was fishin them yesterday with the east winds comming off the ocean......they cut threw the wind like a gull
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent