Author Topic: What is the standard weight used in the tail of a Sybil floating Needlefish?  (Read 7248 times)

awesomejohn

hello everyone,
Please tell me what is the "standard" weight used in the tail of a Sybil floating Needlefish?
I got some body blanks and "forgot" what the standard weighting was..

Please advise... Scott you would know :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
You will like that needle. It's a copy of a bassmaster floating needle that Dave likes on the outer cape. Catches good when fish are on top. Very buoyant.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

awesomejohn

I have made a few of them, and they work great for shallow rocky areas...

They cast far and it right on top and then go about 2ft down on the retrieve if you weight them just right

There is room for extra weight because its so buoyant... I found two medium weights for be a sweet spot for good distance casting and creates a 2 to 3 ft dive on the retrieve.. You can twitch these needle fish on top and dive them down and then let them rise back up amongst rocks at night..   :)

Offline Out Fishing

I like them in a dark color around rock piles.

Offline Out Fishing

two small weights.. one slid up almost to the hook hole.. a plastic spacer, and one in the tail.. that will give you the action of... (drumroll).. *the ONE*.. ;)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Hey that's how I weight my needles.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
You telling me Dave copied me? roflmao  :fart:

Do you remember that thread Karl. Internet insanity. You copied me, no you copied me, no he copied him who copied me. wtf it's ALL been done before.

Offline Out Fishing

there are only so many shapes of round!.. old man Stetzko (senior) was weighting his needles like that 30-40 years ago.. and putting in floats and rattles and all kinds of stuff.. everybody'a a theif.. LOL.. seen pictures of a young Gags and Habs in his cellar waaaay back when too.. checking all his ideas out.. ain't nothing sacred or secret...

what u talkin about Willis?.. only BM makes.. "The One!".. :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
I almost fell over when I saw him in NH last year. HOLY crap that was funny.  Dave's a good guy....when he's on his meds LOL

Offline Out Fishing

Nice.. he is into the bikes big.. last I heard from him...