Author Topic: I love freshly painted Lures!  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Out Fishing

I love freshly painted Lures!
« on: August 16, 2011, 06:56:07 PM »
Here's some eye candy. It's curing now. Eyes and hardware to follow in 24 hours. I couldn't wait! The redfish pattern was so simple yet it came out so well. I can't wait to throw it at big jacks! Thanks salty!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: I love freshly painted Lures!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:08:19 PM »
NICE COLORS. I like both the purple blend and the orange. Those will catch
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 12:30:48 PM »
Those are really nice beautiful work and colors.

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
nice bunker...............im empressed with the signature.............sweet!!!!!!..........hay is that a water slide decal or do you have steady hands
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 07:06:27 AM »
 Thanks for the feed back guys, much appreciated. The colors really come together with the candy paints and pearl coats that I use. It's a lot of fun thats for sure. Hopefully I can get to the point where I can produce these on a large scale. That would be a challenge. The lettering is done by hand using an extra fine tip metallic pen. You can get them in craft stores in white silver(shown) and gold. Make sure you don't get the paint marker, they aren't fine enough. Sakura makes a good one

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 08:12:39 AM »
DAM  bunker.........you got some steady hands for free hand...............i started to make water slide decals.........just got to get the decal paper.........and run them off the printer.................nice work and the candy colors are sweet

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »
handy I been playing with it. PAPILIO paper. It's expensive as hell but it's way cool stuff. I need some real high quality pics though and everyone online copyrights them so they're useless.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 09:47:19 AM »

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »
round lures like Bunkers above would be very hard to do but it works VERY well on flat sided baits..

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 10:29:32 PM »
thanks salt.....ill check it out..........yea ive printed out some fonts........but havent done any tests yet.....just got to get some waterslide decal stuff....