Author Topic: FUN!  (Read 11386 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
FUN!
« on: March 19, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »
Today was a great day. I put a 3/8" drillbit 1/2 way thru my hand today. Stupid stupid stupid.  :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Can still move my hand so I don't think I damaged anything. I flushed the daylights out of it several times. My fear is there is a piece of yellow cedar stuck in there off the drill bit. Since it don't rot there could be chance of serious infection if there is something still there.

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: FUN!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 05:22:17 PM »
So does this mean I can't get my palm read anymore because this cut the line in my hand?  :sofa:

stoopid stooopid stooopid. :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:23:32 PM »
Yes brand new bits do cut very nice holes through skin and muscle. In case you ever wanted to know this  :-\

jbw252

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:05:54 AM »
Yikes Scott.  I hope that you're on the mend now without any complications.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 10:42:48 AM »
Call me one handed Sam :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 07:33:50 PM »
After a few days.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 10:13:43 PM »
You don't want to see it now. It got opened up tonite with a scalpel and tweezers. They think there's a pc of wood in there still. I've got a follow up on tues and they may have to cut it open again.

On top of having a 101 degree temp for the last 2 days and a case of walking pneumonia. Ugh.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 05:28:32 PM »
OUCH!!!   :o

You might want to stay away from end mills until your luck changes...at least center cutting end mills... :-X

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 05:32:43 PM »
and a case of walking pneumonia.

My doctor says the difference between "walking pneumonia" and a case of full blown pneumonia is whether you have the luxury of staying in bed with someone waiting on you. 

If you can stay in bed and have someone wait on you while missing work and other obligations, then it's "full blown pneumonia".

If you have to get up and get moving regardless, (and find it in yourself to do so) then its called "walking pneumonia".

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 02:13:38 PM »
HAHA never saw this for some reason. I laughed.

Sooooo a week after this got opened I had a followup with my primary care doc. They did xrays then. I have this large bump in the middle of my palm. The xrays came back inconclusive. Doc recommended I see a hand surgeon to have a ultrasound done.

I decided to wait a week and see what happened. It had started to heal for a second time but it's been bugging the crap outta me burning and itching. The itching says it's healing. The burning is not good. So I make a hand surgeon appt which was yesterday and was supposed to have a ultrasound done. Ya sure. Another doctor more interested in the effin dr visit charges than anything else. I killed a half day at the umass hand clinic and all they did was take 3 more xrays. WTF!!!!! I leave there and they make an appt for the ultrasound on the 22nd is the earliest they got. Then I got to wait for results ANOTHER week for them to read it and go to ANOTHER dr appt because they won't tell me over the phone!

Meanwhile the thing was buggin the crap outta me again today. I looked at it and it had started pussing again just ever so slightly. I squeezed it and out pops this little blob of white stuff from an area that just opened up when I squeezed it. It was wicked slippery and perfectly white like teflon. You could roll it between your fingers and it didn't break down. Kind like a perfect little white booger. Sooo I squeeze it again and the pic below is what more came out of it. NASTY chit!!!

Anyone ever see anything like this? It's now swollen a whole bunch more from squeezing it. The bump has not gone down. This goop just came out like squeezing a zit. Looked like John Belushi in Animal House LOL

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 02:38:18 PM »
Called doc yesterday afternoon the nurse says go to urgent care last night. Saw the doc again that tried to plow the bump out she doesn't know what the white stuff was. We tried to get more out so she could culture it but nothing doing. Says she doesn't think it's infected. Soaked it again last night in epsom salts and some of the swelling went down today. Interesting that today when I bend my hand back the color of the skin changes on this bump now. It looks like there's something there....still betting there is a chunk of ayc in there.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »
My guess is you have a piece of wood in there that is raising all the commotion.

I wish you could go to my doctor here.  He is literally a country doctor, as his office is not more than 25 yards from a cornfield...the hospital room where my sons were born was even less!  Anyhow, it would have been a "one and done", as he would have been inside that hand and removing the offending whatever it is you have.

Some doctors like to doctor, and some like to make money, I guess...mine doesn't play golf and has only one house, which probably is related to his "one and done" business model. bananalama

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 08:08:45 PM »
Oh, and you need to get one of those hospital sterilizing units to put your drill bits in before you use them! :D

(I severed a tendon on a Browne & Sharpe Universal Grinder, so I didn't get through my tool & die days unscathed)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 08:42:31 PM »
Frustrating bowfin. I been dealing with this for close to a month now.

Sterilize the bits. Ok :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 06:22:54 PM »
How is the hand looking / feeling?  I'll stick you in our prayers tonight, no charge on that...yet...