Author Topic: Nike Plug Kit?  (Read 5878 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Nike Plug Kit?
« on: October 29, 2014, 07:34:43 AM »
Salty,

Any chance in the future to possibly add a Nike Plug Kit to the arsenal?

Really neat looking plug! Has anyone ever fished these? How do they swim?

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Nike Plug Kit?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »
I've considered it over the past few years. Don't know that it would sell all that well and am hesitant to waste time and money on something that doesn't sell.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 01:50:13 PM »
They are a diving "wiggle" type of plug. They work. They were popular when they were originally made.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 09:24:33 PM »
Very neat, glad to speak to someone who knows about them, any ideas of doing a section on the website for custom plug kits? I wouldn't mind paying more for a custom plug kit, that would be excellent! :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 09:39:43 PM »
Not sure what you mean by custom plug kits?

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 11:57:48 AM »
I think he means plug kits, that aren't available, but for you I would think that would be a huge headache in getting all the CNC stuff to go, for just a few plugs of a certain variety.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
Hi Johnny D happy halloween!

Yep onesie twosie no goesie in this business with the time it takes to do setup. The days of wasting time and money on dogs are over.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 12:06:37 PM »
Just trying to think of new ideas, thats all,

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 12:07:13 PM »
Obviously they would be more money, etc, it was just a simple thought

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »
No worries. My shop is all automated so the setup is not like a small builder. Once a machine is prepped to do something it stays running that item til the run is exhausted. Because of this it's impossible to do small runs of stuff and generally not profitable to make something that is going to sit in a bin on a shelf. Seen enough of that for sure.

Someone once asked for 10 of a particular lure. I said sure, I gave him a price of $130 each LOL Then I gave him a 100 piece price and a 1000 pc price :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 06:58:22 PM »
Lol I hear ya trust me. I'm still learning this wonderful art and how it all flows. I've been loving the kits. Working on the 2oz pikie as we speak. Glad you provide these kits, I would hate to ever not have kits around. After these few kits are done then it's on to a large order for the winter!:) Thanks salty keep up the good work.